Project Manager for Lhokseumawe Area
Yayasan Jembatan Masa Depan (JMD), a non-profit foundation registered in Indonesia, provides support for men, women and youth in Aceh striving to build a new
future after 2004's devastating tsunami, and after more than 30 years of armed
conflict. The mission is to provide sustainable livelihood programs, with
particular focus on animal husbandry and agricultural initiatives, as well as
livelihood-related and basic education programs. The goals are to leave the
villages served with new small enterprises firmly established, an educated and
skilled workforce, strong adult role models to mentor local children, and
confident men and women planning futures for themselves, their families, and their
communities. For more information on JMD, please go to the JMD website at: www.jmd.or.id.
Position and Duties
The position of Project Manager is full-time. Details on reporting, location and travel,
position duties, and personal requirements are as the following.
The Project Manager will report directly to the JMD Associate Director.
Location and Travel
The Project Manager will be based at Lhokseumawe. S/he will be required to undertake frequent travel to other domestic locations, including in very remote and rural areas, and occasional travel to JMD’s office in Banda Aceh, in fulfilling the duties
of the position. Persons unable to fulfill this travel requirement will not be considered for the position.
Position Description and Duties
The Project Manager will be responsible for working with supervisors in the planning and implementation of field-based projects in a designated region or regions. While
at times s/he may be directed to perform other duties and responsibilities which are within her/his training, capacity and competence, specific duties
· Day-to-day planning and implementation of designated JMD field-based projects including: consulting with community leaders and beneficiaries at the project development phase, and subsequently; information- sharing and when appropriate coordinating with other agencies working in the designated area; coordinating all facets of project implementation in consultation with supervisors and other appropriate JMD staff; developing appropriate trainings for project beneficiaries and, if appropriate, community members at large; and managing project budgets
· Representation of JMD in designated field locations among community leaders, potential beneficiaries, and government and agency representatives
· Provision of regular field reports to supervisors, a schedule for which will be
established in consultation with the Program Manager
· Assistance in helping to compile information for grant proposals and reports and for the JMD website and newsletter
· Support in the maintenance of clear and regular communications among Aceh-based staff.
A candidate for the position of Project Manager should present with the following qualifications.
· A S1 (Bachelor’s) university degree in a relevant subject
· At least four years of relevant professional experience
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in both English and Bahasa Indonesian, with knowledge of Acehnese a plus
· Excellent inter-personal, organizational and team-building skills
· A record of managing budgets
· Knowledge about Aceh, Indonesia, with a strong preference for work experience in Aceh
· Willingness to travel frequently throughout Aceh, including to remote rural areas
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, highlighting their record of achievement, a CV and contact information, no later than August 8, 2009 to:
Edi Suranta Ginting
HR & Admin Manager
Yayasan Jembatan Masa Depan
Jl. Sukarno-Hatta Lorong Tgk. Menara VII No.22, Dusun Melati, Garot
Banda Aceh, NAD, Indonesia 23239 Telp. 0651-41648