Pelangi Indonesia (www.pelangi. or.id), a not-for-profit non-governmental environmental thinktank in Jakarta, Indonesia, is currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Finance and Accounting Manager. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supervises the maintenance of financial accounts and records; prepares financial
reports as required
2. Ensures the proper receipt, safeguarding, disbursement and management of all funds
handled; reviews, modifies, initiates and implements internal control procedures in
coordination with Execuitive Director;
3. Coordinates the preparation of the operating budget; reviews budget submissions,
monitors actual expenditures against budget and reports on variances;
4. Ensures that the provisions of the Finance Policies and Procedures Manual issued
5. Supervises monthly salary and consultant fee-include tax payment;
6. Preparing Annual Tax Report and Submit to Tax Office
7. Preparing and reviewing montly financial report and montly cash flow report
• A strong understanding of donor finance and accounting in a relief and development
• Ability to motivate and mentor the finance subordinates and ensure the collaborative
achievement of team goals
• A strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, and make effective
communication a priority in all situations.Strong self-initiative as well as team spirit.
• Proficiency in written and spoken English.
• In-depth knowledge of accounting standards and finance principles, including budget
development and financial administration of resources
• Knowledge of general rules and regulations governing the compliance/regulato ry
management of grants
• University degree in business administration, finance or accountancy
• At least 3 years experience in finance and accounting at a supervisory level, preferably
with an NGO, or Audit NGO experience
• Familiarity in financial software is must, Microsoft Excel and Word is a must
Terms and conditions include medical benefits and capacity building.
For qualified and motivated candidate, please send your CV with a cover letter explaining your motivation to apply to vacancy(at)pelangi. or.id vacancy@pelangi. or.id no later than 02 August
2009. Only short-listed candidates will be noticed and invited for an interview.