International Federation Red Cross and Red Crescent ( IFRC ) on behalf of American Red Cross Tsunami Recovery Program (TRP) had been established to direct the organization’s response to the South Asia tsunami disaster. The TRP activities focus on integrated community recovery and preparedness interventions in tsunami affected countries in Asia and East Africa in collaboration with Red Cross and non-Red Cross partners. Please visit www.redcross. org/tsunamirelief
The Indonesia TRP Delegation operates from offices in Banda Aceh, Calang, Lamno. It also has liaison offices in Jakarta, and other areas in Aceh province in collaboration with the Indonesian Red Cross.
We are seeking dynamic individuals to fill the :
POSITION : CBFA Program Officer
No of Hired : 2 Person
Base of Assignment : Banda Aceh
Type of contract : Fixed term
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist the CBFA program manager to oversee the management and implementation of Indonesian Red Cross (PMI) Community Based First Aid (CBFA) Program
- To assist CBFA Program Manager to maintain qualitative and quantitative indicators for program log frame and track program progress
- To assist Program Manager to coordinate and liaises with PMI NAD chapter and branches due to the CBFA project implementation
- To assist Program Manager to enhance the capacity of PMI NAD chapter and target branches to respond to community health needs through CBFA Programming
- To assist Program Manager to enhance the capacity of PMI Branches to improve the knowledge and behaviors of health and disease prevention of targeted communities/ villages.
- To assist the CBFA Program Manager to review and provide technical assistance to PMI on CBFA training content and ensure that objectives of training are met
- To assist Program Manager to strengthen PMI Chapter and Branches (board members, staff and volunteers) capacity building by training and advising.
- To provide timely input to Program Manager regarding the achievement of targets and modification of program objectives as needed
- To work closely with M&E Officer to develop monthly narrative reports to be submitted to program manager
- To conduct field visits to project sites to collect information and to ensure project activities meet specified objectives
- Interact with various government and organization on behalf of American Red Cross
- Performing as a translator when needed
- University degree in Medical/Nursing/ Public Health is required
- Excellent verbal and written English skills required
- Work towards the achievement of American Red Cross goals in the country/region of operation through effective managerial, lateral relation and team work
- Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relationships and
- Perform other work related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the
- Ensures good information flow among all American Red Cross programs
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in English and Indonesian (written and spoken) required
- Able to clearly and accurately translate from English to Bahasa and Bahasa to English
- Self-supporting in computers (windows, spread sheets, word processing ; Computing skills; Past experience working with an NGO is an asset
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae to hr@amredcross. org put Job
title in Subject line. Only applications in English and short listed candidates will be notified. Applications submitted after July 17, 2009 will not be considered.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply