ACEH FOREST & ENVIRONMENT PROJECT (AFEP)
Terms of Reference: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Position: Assistant, Project Coordination Unit (PCU)-AFEP
Reporting to: AFEP Project Leaders - Leuser International Foundation
and Fauna & Flora International
Funded by the MDF and supervised by the World Bank, AFEP was established to
protect the ecosystems of Ulu Masen and Leuser in Aceh. The PCU has various
responsibilities that include donor (World Bank/MDF) liaison, steering
committee support, ensuring compliance with various World Bank guidelines,
facilitating dialogue and unity of positions between implementing bodies,
media relations, policy support and lobbying. Government liaison (especially
in relation to Aceh Green) and the mainstreaming of AFEP objectives. The PCU
will consist of a PCU Assistant and a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
Assistant. In collaboration with the two Implementing Entities’ (IE) Project
Leaders (via project coordination meetings), it will be the responsibility
of the M&E Assistant to ensure that all matters related to project progress
and impact assessments are achieved, through analyzing and enhancing AFEP’s
current result framework based on the AFEP approved logframe and key
performance indicators, as well as tracking quarterly project progress
against activity targets.
Banda Aceh with limited travel to the project’s districts to collect data,
track project progress and visit counterpart agencies and project partners
involved in monitoring of project activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Review and update the latest AFEP results framework.
2. Discuss M&E information products, and advise on managing the
information to improve AFEP policies, programme design and implementation.
3. Develop and implement an enhanced M&E system, including database, and
reporting system, including standardised report formats.
4. Advise on M&E capacity building of AFEP staff and project stakeholders
at various levels and, where necessary, provide required training in M&E
5. Support Technical and Division managers in producing quarterly and
annual donor reports, which follow an agreed World Bank/MDF format.
6. Compile data provided by project division managers and analyse these
data according to project indicators and targets as developed within the
projects’ annual work plans (activities and budgets), with attention to
reported outputs against planned outputs.
7. Advise on M&E-related issues during the planning and execution of
external project assessments of the Aceh programme.
8. Advise on, and assist with, resource mobilisation for programme
Required Background and Experience
1. S1, preferably S2, university graduate in related field
2. 5 years+ relevant M&E experience with donor-funded development planning
3. Proven ability in developing, or improving, large-scale project M&E
4. Proven ability in project data collection, analysis and report writing
5. Experience with logframe approach
6. Competent in computer software and database development
7. Fluent in bahasa Indonesia and English an advantage
8. Ability to work under minimal supervision, meet deadlines and first and
foremost be a team builder.
9. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
AFEP Project Leaders
In line with AFEP's salary scale and background and experience
With immediate effect
How to apply
1. Closing date: 4 August 2009
2. Send a detailed curriculum vitae by email to Ms Dewi Kurnia at