International Relief and Development, Inc. (IRD), is a non-profit organization specializing in international development and humanitarian assistance in over 20 countries. IRD works with a wide range of partners to design and implement, and provide technical assistance in the areas of health, economic development, relief, infrastructure, civil society and food security.
IRD Indonesia is inviting dynamic, committed, experienced and highly motivated candidates to join our team for the following position:
Position Title: Water Sanitation Program Assistant
Supervisor: Water Sanitation Program Officer
Line Manages: N/A
The Water and Sanitation Assistant is responsible for the water and sanitation facilities construction for IRD Yogyakarta. Key tasks include assisting the project to develop the water and sanitation design, control the construction process and develop relation with beneficiaries or all stakeholders in order to support participatory and awareness in water and sanitation issues.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
1. Supports day-to-day activities of the IRD Water and Sanitation project in Yogyakarta.
2. Assisting the Water and Sanitation Officer to develop the water and sanitation design and work-planning activities as needed.
3. Monitor the construction progress and ensure the construction works at the field comply with the design and the scopes of the project.
4. In coordination with the Water & Sanitation Program Officer report and present all collected data from the field.
5. Facilitate community and all stakeholders that involve in the water and sanitation facilities construction at the field.
6. Provides support for any related water and sanitation project issues to Water and Sanitation Officer in order to provide the project reports.
7. Consistent with IRD’s efforts to promote equal opportunities in the workplace, make all job-related decisions in accordance with IRD’s anti-discrimination policies.
8. Other water and sanitation project tasks consistent with the overall scope of this position.
· Minimum diploma degree in Civil Engineering or a similar field is required;
· Minimum of two years experience in an equivalent position with an INGO or NGO is preferred;
· Familiar and able to operate Microsoft Office packages;
· Must have a willingness to travel to IRD Indonesia field offices on IRD business;
· Ability to develop good relationships with stakeholders and colleagues—able to work well with others;
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
· Good organization and time management skills;
· Good working knowledge of English, both written and spoken;
· Good interpersonal skills, including patience, and diplomacy;
· Have a capability to work both individually and as part of a team;
· Create a supportive working relationship among all project teams;
· Flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
If you meet the minimum requirements and are interested in applying, you should submit your comprehensive CV electronically, including salary history and 3 references. Therefore, please visit www.ird.or.id and select “Careers/Employment”. Then further select “Register Your CV” and follow the instructions. You will be able to upload your CV in word format on this site. Other documentation is not required at this time.
Closing date for applications is: July 10, 2009. We regret to announce that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.