FRENCH RED CROSS
JOB DESCRIPTION: Accountant Assistant
Position title : Accountant Assistant
Reporting to : The Administrative and Logistics Officer
Purpose : The Accountant Assistant assists the Administrative and Logistics Officer in managing the accounting and the cash flow
Location : Jakarta
Contract Duration: 6 months
Starting Date : As soon as possible
CONTEXT OF THE POSITION
In July 2005, FRC signed a MOU with the Indonesian Government, the French Government and the Indonesian Red Cross (PMI) to initiate a capacity-building programme in the field of disaster management. The project is implemented in various areas of Indonesia, and coordinated from our office based in Jakarta.
Under the management of the Administrative and Logistics Officer, the Accountant Assistant will ensure the proper management of the accounting and cash flow of the French Red Cross office in Jakarta.
Cash flow management:
- Be responsible for managing the cash box and the banks accounts (withdrawals, prepare letters for Demand draft, deposits, preparation of checks, Preparation of letters for all bank dealings).
- Be responsible to make the payment and also check the validity of invoices before payment.
- Be responsible to record payments on a daily basis in the software and ensure the availability of funds in the account at any time.
- Be responsible for the cash verification on a daily basis.
- Follow up funds received from Head-Quarter, and arrange necessary transfers for payments.
- Assist the Administrative and Logistics Officer in the preparation of the monthly treasury.
- The Accountant Assistant will carry out the monthly accounting:
- Grouping bills
- Entering data in the software
- Matching the third party accounts
- Printing reports,
- Making the corrections in the software according to Head-Quarter' s feed-back.
- Prepare the monthly verification tables: cash flow physical balances, transfers with and without exchange, bank reconciliation statements, cash-flow verification tables.
- Check the correct imputation of the invoices.
- Be responsible for making the photocopies and archiving accounts before sending the originals bills to Head Quarters in Paris.
- Trustful and Hard-worker person
- Education background in the field of accounting
- Good communication skills (fluency in English is required)
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Excel
- Minimum one year of accounting and cash-flow experience
- Strong capacity of analysis as well as attention to details and discipline
- Willingness to work under pressure
The Accountant Assistant gives support to the Administrative and Logistics Officer on other tasks whenever it's needed.
Only short listed candidate will be contacted for written test.
Please send the application and CV to crf.indo.recruitmen firstname.lastname@example.org latest on 5th August 2009.