VACANCY - HIVOS REGIONAL OFFICE SOUTHEAST ASIA
Position : Program Officer – Gender, Women, and Development (Indonesian nationals only)
Duty Station : Hivos Southeast Asia Regional Office, Jakarta
Closing date : 27 July 2009
Hivos is a non-governmental organisation, rooted in the Netherlands and guided by humanist values, that aims to contribute to a free, fair and sustainable world where citizens, women and men, have equal access to resources, opportunities and markets and can participate actively and equally in decision making processes that determine their lives, their society and their future. Hivos' basic commitment is to poor and marginalised people - and their organisations - in countries of the global South and east, and Eastern Europe. A sustainable improvement of their situation is the ultimate benchmark for the work and efforts of Hivos. The empowerment of women in order to achieve gender equality is a primary directive in Hivos' policy.
To that end Hivos offers financial and other forms of support for civil organizations and initiatives that share Hivos' goals. In addition to funding, Hivos is networking, lobbying and sharing knowledge in the international arena as well as in The Netherlands.
Hivos is seeking an Indonesian national for the position of Gender, Women and Development Program Officer to manage and develop its Gender, Women, and Development Program portfolio in Indonesia and Timor Leste. The Program Officer will report directly to the Director Regional Office and work closely with other Program Officers in the Southeast Asia Regional Office in Jakarta. The appointment will preferably start in mid August 2009 with an initial contract for a period of 1½ years.
1. Management of Hivos portfolio for Gender, Women, and Development in Indonesia and Timor Leste, including periodic monitoring visits
2. Organizing capacity building support for partner organisations
3. Contribution to Hivos overall organizational and policy development
4. Identification and accessing funding sources for Hivos programmes in Indonesia and Timor Leste.
1. Minimum bachelor degree in social sciences or public administration or relevant other education and experience. A master degree will be of advantage.
2. At least 3 years experience in working on gender, women, and development issues.
3. Sound experience in managing partnerships and in providing capacity building/ technical assistance
4. Strong knowledge of gender, women, and development issues as well of the related civil society movement in Indonesia and preferably also in Timor Leste. Knowledge of sexual and reproductive rights and women's leadership will be an asset.
5. Strong analytical skill to assess the proposal, programme, and capacity of partner organizations
6. Willingness and ability to perform administrative tasks such as reporting and filing programme portfolio
7. Excellent English language, spoken and written. Previous working experience in an international environment/ organization would be an advantage.
8. Having respect for humanitarian or humanist principles and willing to work in a non- discriminating, neutral, impartial and gender equal environment.
9. Strong personality, assertive initiatives and able to work within a team
10. Prior experience in grant making will be regarded as an asset
Interested candidates can send CV and a cover letter to the following email address : firstname.lastname@example.org. id with reference code 'vacGWD-PO'
> Applications without a proper cover letter will not be considered.
> Applications should include the names of at least three references.