IOM is looking for a M&E Reintegration Database Assistant II according to the terms of reference below. Interested applicants are invited to apply by submitting their application to hrbandaaceh@ iom.int not later than 15 July 2009 indicating the reference code below and job title. All candidates are requested to specify their availability date in the application form. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference Code : SVN/IDI/2009/ 054
Job Title : M&E Reintegration Database Assistant II
Duty Station : Banda Aceh, Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam, Indonesia
Classification : Employee, Grade 5
Duration of Contract : 2 months with possible extension
Estimate Starting Date : Soon as possible
Under the direct supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation & Analysis Officer and overall guidance of the Programme Coordinator for the PCRP or his/her designate, the M&E Reintegration Database Assistant will help to maintain an integrated monitoring and evaluation system for IOM’s Post-Conflict & Reintegration Programme in Aceh. The monitoring and evaluation system will adapt and apply best practices for conflict sensitive monitoring systems and procedures to IOM Programmes such as: research and analysis, community stabilization programming, and most importantly the ICRS Programme. In particular, he/she will :
1. Contribute to the development of databases for several different IOM projects in Aceh. Including design, construction and maintenance using MSAccess and Visual Basic.
2. Contribute to the development and implementation of surveys, tracking tools, and computer analysis tools for both quantitative and qualitative data that will be used for adjusting Programme implementation, improving the strategic focus of field operations, providing regular reporting on key issues as defined by the PCRP Manager for Aceh.
3. Training of database assistants for the ICRS Programme.
4. Trouble-shooting of all technical problems with database management.
5. Development of easy-to-use survey tools and electronic recording tools for project monitoring purposes.
6. Regular reporting on project implementation.
7. Provide daily oversight management of ICRS database assistants.
8. Provide quality assurance to data storage and management techniques ensuring easy and user-friendly storage and retrieval
9. Assist in developing standardized reporting templates for key project implementation indicators pegged to project implementation benchmarks
10. Retrieve data from M&E databases as requested using, MSAcess, MYSQL, and other software.
11. Conduct regular field monitoring activities to track identified project implementation and impact indicators.
12. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
University degree, preferably in social sciences or in a management field. Have Database development skills. Minimum 3 (three) years of experience in developing surveys and quality control od databases. Experience with producing automated reporting formats for key project implementation areas.
Competency in MS Access, MYSQL, and other Microsoft software. Proficient typist able to enter data quickly into pre-set data entry templates. Formal training with Microsoft Office, Excel, or related computer software. Experience with electronic filing and documentation systems. Must be able to work to deadlines and willing to work to rapidly changing conditions as necessary. good team player, patient, and respects the views and cultures of peoples from different ethnic, religious and national groupings Able to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate high level of initiative, perseverance and professional commitment to achieve high-quality results. Experience in Aceh highly desirable.
Fluent written and spoken Bahasa Indonesian, strong writing and speaking English language skills. Acehnese fluency desirable.
The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments are intended for specific individuals or entities, and may be confidential, proprietary or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, delete this message and do not disclose, distribute or copy it to any third party or otherwise use this message. The content of this message does not necessarily reflect the official position of the International Organization for Migration (IOM) unless specifically stated. Electronic messages are not secure or error free and may contain viruses or may be delayed, and the sender is not liable for any of these occurrences.