reconstruction and rehabilitation program with the primary focus on shelter
construction project in Aceh Besar, Lamno, Calang and Nias for beneficiaries
affected by Tsunami of December 26, 2004 and earthquake of March 28, 2005.
We are also implementing Livelihood, Environmental Health and Disaster
Preparedness Management programs to help families and communities to improve
their quality of life. We are looking for qualified and committed
candidates to fill the following position on a fixed term contract basis.
Deputy Program Manager Livelihoods
Based: Banda Aceh
* Minimum required knowledge & experience:)
* The minimum qualification for this job is a master's degree in
social sciences or other relevant field.
* 6 years of project management in a supervisory position; proven
abilities in decision making and problem solving.
* 6 years of job-related experience in community development or
livelihoods programming using a participatory community engagement approach.
* Excellent communications, representational and conflict resolution
* Solid programmatic, financial and organizational planning skills.
* Ability to effectively manage staff of diverse backgrounds and to
act as mentor and coach in building staff capacity.
* Knowledge of various Government departments in Aceh.
* Ability to establish network/coordinatio n with various govt.
departments, NGOs and INGOs
* Proven abilities to manage aspirations and expectations of
different stakeholders in a balanced manner (e.g., donors, upper management,
and beneficiaries) .
* Previous experience of working for Red Cross organization is an
* Ability to maintain an overall positive attitude in the face of
* Open to change and ability to manage complexity.
* Excellent analytical and report writing skills
* Excellent communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
Fluency in Acehnese an asset;
Standard function description.
* Provides management support in all aspects of program planning and
implementation - providing recommendations and inputs for livelihoods
program planning and implementation.
* Provide management support in establishing and implementing
monitoring systems and routines of the livelihood program. Travels to field
for on-site monitoring of livelihoods activities.
* Provides coaching, training, and feedback to livelihoods and field
staff in the areas of facilitation, grants management, monitoring and
evaluation and participatory approaches.
* Provides day to day management support to livelihoods program
* Ensures that livelihoods support to communities is integrated into
the CRC database systems for households and communities.
* Provide support in field offices during staffing gaps; may be
requested to be posted in field office on interim basis.
Coordination and Communication
* Assists in coordination with other sectoral programs (i.e.,
shelter, disaster management, environmental health), as well as coordination
between the livelihood sectoral program and support services in Aceh.
* Supports Livelihoods Program Manager with coordination within the
movement and externally with other stakeholders (e.g., humanitarian
organizations, relevant government agencies). Pro-actively stays informed on
Livelihoods issues and trends in the Aceh humanitarian community.
* Establish links with various govt. departments, NGO and INGOs for
sustainability and greater impact.
* Prepares monthly reports regarding the livelihoods sector to be
integrated into the monthly report to the National Office in Ottawa in a
timely manner according to the required format.
* Analyses of various data collected from the villages during
project implementation and at the end of the project. Develop case studies
from the reports from the field.
* Assist PM in final reporting by organizing various data analyses,
case studies, photos, financial reports etc.
Finance & Compliance
* Works closely with the support services and the Livelihoods
Program Manager to ensure compliance with the Canadian Red Cross, donor and
* Reviews and monitors grant distribution and tracking of community
* Respects and observes the staff regulations of the CRC in Indonesia
* Respects and observes the code of conduct of the CRC in Indonesia
* The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in
this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when
Applications should be sent to
recruitment. id@redcross. ca quoting the Ref code as the subject of the e-mail
and indicating the Job title on the covering letter and the attachment
should not exceed 200 Kb. Only candidate meeting the Essential
Qualifications will be considered. Applications must be received by Friday,
31 July 2009. Canadian Red Cross gives an equal-opportunity employment
regardless of race, gender, religion, or political affiliations