The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) is implementing a major community-based
reconstruction and rehabilitation program with the primary focus on shelter
construction project in Aceh Besar, Lamno, Calang and Nias for beneficiaries
affected by Tsunami of December 26, 2004 and earthquake of March 28, 2007.
We are also implementing Livelihood, Environmental Health and Disaster
Preparedness Management programs to help families and communities to improve
their live quality. We are looking for qualified and committed candidates
to fill the following position:
Finance Senior Manager
Based: Banda Aceh, Indonesia
The Finance and Administration Senior Manager is responsible for the funds,
budget, administration, and contractual matters and insurance of the
delegation, as well as for training and advising delegates and national
staff in financial and administrative matters.
* Manage the funds and financial assets of the delegation; this will
include cash flow and cost control management as well as the management of
the payments, treasury functions, working advance management, bank signatory
and payroll functions.
* Coordinate and provide support in the development of a delegation
budget and financial plan as well as project budgets and forecasts.
* Train, support and advise delegates and national staff in
financial and administrative matters.
* Review and provide input as needed on the issuing of contracts on
behalf of the delegation, with the advice of local lawyers and in-house
legal counsel at headquarters, as appropriate.
* Supervise the activities and personnel of the finance units in
Banda Aceh and support those in the field offices, including recruitment,
training and performance evaluations, as required.
* Arrange insurance for the staff and property of the delegation as
well as for program goods and activities.
* Compile accurate, regular and timely financial and narrative
* Monitor the budget of the delegation and ensure accurate
accounting, authorization & internal control procedures. Investigate and
address significant variances.
* Review and approve the finance sections of funding proposals for
donors or headquarters.
* Ensure compliance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent financial,
procurement policies and rules and regulations.
* Manage the financial and administrative aspects related to
transitional activities. This will include the scaling down of operations
and / or closing of offices, the establishment of systems of internal
controls and finance functions in new offices or areas of operations and
participation in activities capturing lessons learned related to the closing
and opening of offices and programs.
* Mentor and supervise finance/admin staff in order to develop
capacity in budgeting, forecasting and general management skills.
* Work towards the achievement of National Red Cross / Red Crescent
Society goals in the country / region of operation through effective
managerial and lateral relations and teamwork.
* Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral
relationships and accountabilities.
* Perform other work related duties and responsibilities as may be
assigned by the supervisor.
1. Respects and observes the staff regulations of the CRC in Indonesia
2. Respects and observes the code of conduct of the CRC in Indonesia
3. The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in
this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when
* Master degree in commerce, accounting, or related field.
* Professional accounting designation preferred.
* Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience.
* Demonstrated experience in the development of budgets and
* Demonstrated experience in all phases of the accounting cycle.
* Demonstrated experience in financial analysis and report
* Previous experience planning and conducting audits is an asset.
* Previous international work experience in a developing country
* Demonstrated ability to work in high stress environments with
* Demonstrated experience of working effectively within a
* Demonstrated experience in staff supervision, management, and
* Strong commitment to the Principles of the Red Cross Red Crescent
Movement. Previous experience in the Movement considered an asset.
* Strong initiative, diplomacy, flexibility, and sound decision
making skills are required.
* Excellent verbal and written skills in English are required with a
strong preference for fluency in another language, i.e. Bahasa Indonesian.
Language testing may be administered.
* Must have a valid driver's licence, with the ability to drive
* Must have Basic First Aid certification, or be willing to acquire
Please Notice: Applications should be sent to recruitment. id@redcross. ca
quoting the Ref code as the subject of the e-mail and indicating the Job
title on the covering letter and the attachment should not exceed 200 Kb.
Only candidate meeting the Essential Qualifications will be considered.
Applications must be received by Friday, July 24, 2009. Canadian Red Cross
gives an equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender, religion,
or political affiliations.