IOM is looking forSite Engineers according to the terms of reference below. Interested applicants are invited to apply by submitting their application to hrbandaaceh@ iom.int not later than 5 August 2009 indicating the reference code below and job title. All candidates are requested to specify their availability date in the application form. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference Code : SVN/IDI/2009/ 057
Position Title : Site Engineer
Duty Station : Takengon, Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam, Indonesia
Classification : Employee, Grade 4
Type of Contract : Special All Inclusive, 2 months
Estimated Starting Date :As soon as possible
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office Banda Aceh and the direct supervision of the DDR Project Manager, he/she will be responsible for the following functions:
1. Assist in supervising the layout of the land according to the site plan and wat/san requirements.
2. Assist in supervising the construction of houses according to design, BoQ, specification and work schedule.
3. Attend to the day to day activities on site, following program/schedule issued by the Project Manager
4. Ensure the quality of the construction and material used in construction
5. Review and approve daily log-book maintained by the Coordinator
6. Prepare and submit weekly progress reports to the Site Coordinator
7. Report any difficulties/ problems in construction process and activities to Site Coordinator and Project Manager
8. Assist in the final and close-out inspection of houses in coordination with Site Coordinator and Project Manager
9. Represent the project in a professional and courteous manner whilst in the field
10. Assist in the preparation of engineering drawing, BoQ-s and specification as required
11. Interface with local authorities concerning any problem generated during the course of implementation of the project
12. Undertake other duties that may be assigned from time to time which are commensurate to the position
Diploma in Civil Engineering and/or other closely related field. One to three years experience in infrastructure planning and construction. Proven ability to interact effectively with government officials/ local authorities is essential. Ability to plan and organize own work; ability to establish priorities and undertake assigned tasks with minimum supervision. Good drafting ability and communication skills, both oral and written to produce reports.
Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Thorough knowledge of English and Bahasa Indonesia
Availability of this position depends on funding.