Procurement Manager (National Position) UMCOR-Indonesia
August 14, 2009
The position is based in Medan with support provided to Banda Aceh, Bireuen, and Nias field offices.
General Position Summary:
The United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) seeks a Procurement Manager to oversee all Procurement function in UMCOR Indonesia. The Mission HQ is located
in Medan and the position will report directly to the Finance Director. The position
will be responsible for supervising and directing all procurement staff in support of UMCOR programs and operations in Indonesia.
Essential Job Functions:
* Coordinate and support all aspects of procurement function of UMCOR Indonesia.
* Develop and support standard specifications and processes for purchase and contracting of goods and services to provide improved service, quality pricing and reduce time and administrative costs.
* Establish standard operating procedures to locate sources of supply consistent with UMCOR specifications and regulations; regularly research market and advise program and management on new sources and product as applicable to UMCOR operations.
* Develop and maintain up-to date price lists/catalogs for commonly purchased items to ensure the most up-to-date information is available for budgeting, BOQ development, price analysis and other purposes
* Develop and maintain a procurement database to enable information gathering, review and analysis at every stage of the procurement process.
* Develop and maintain a system for adequate documentation and filing of procurement transactions for archiving and auditing purposes.
* Ensure that purchase orders and contracts are subject to appropriate reviews and approvals and contain all necessary information, terms and conditions and signatures to adequately protect UMCOR and comply with applicable laws and regulation.
* Develop a system for asset safeguarding and management; coordinate with administration staff a regular update and verification of UMCOR Indonesia assets and maintain a complete and up-to-date assets register.
* Provide supervision and leadership to procurement staff on issues related to procurement and asset management with the goal of building knowledge and capacity among staff to improve procurement processes and provide quality services and quality pricing
* Line manage all procurement personnel in country on technical matters; support and coordinate with Field Coordinators conducting regular performance appraisals of procurement personnel
* Effectively monitor purchasing performance in Medan and field offices, prepare and consolidate regular reports to management.
* Travel will be required throughout UMCOR’s area of operations to maintain personal understanding of local issues and opportunities, to monitor activities and to interact with field level procurement staff as well as directly assist most important tender processes.
* Other duties as assigned or requested by the Finance Director
* Review, update and maintain UMCOR Indonesia procurement policies and procedures and monitor their proper implementation;
* Lead the review and updating process of the UMCOR Indonesia procurement manual
* Develop training and orientation package on procurement policies and procedures and ensure all current and new staff are properly trained and oriented as applicable to their function
* Ensure efficient dissemination of information and advice on questions related to procurement
This position requires significant experience and/or qualifications in procurement
and assets management with significant knowledge related to INGO procurement
practices and issues. The candidate must possess an extensive knowledge of
market in Indonesia and demonstrate experience working for an INGO in the
capacity of Procurement/ Logistics with demonstrated experience and expertise in
coordination of a multi field office operation.The
successful candidate must exhibit excellent interpersonal and consultative
skills with a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a heavy workload
in a fast paced environment. In addition, fluent written and spoken English is
* Staff management experience
* Experience in developing and writing up policies and procedures
* Experience in designing and administering training
* Experience designing and managing procurement database
Please send a CV/resume and application letter in English, clearly stating which Procurement Managerin the upper left corner of the envelope or as a subject of your e-mail, to: Ms. Sauria Napitupulu, E-mail:sauria@umcor. or.id; or send to
UMCOR-Indonesia, Kompleks TASBI Blok RR No. 141 Kelurahan Tanjung Rejo, Medan
20122 by August 14, 2009. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and positions will remain open until filled. Please no phone
calls. Only applicants selected for an interview for the positions will be
contacted. Thank you for your interest in UMCOR-Indonesia.