The Institute for Essential Services Reform (IeSR) (www.iesr-indonesia .org), a small but powerful Non Governmental Organization working on energy, electricity and climate change issues, based in Jakarta, is looking for dynamic and vibrant young people to fill up position to work with our team in Jakarta.
1. Extractive Industries Program Officer
She/He will responsible to assist the implementation of extractive industries program in the institute together with the program coordinator. Main task include: assisting the implementation of research activities, management of activities, writing reports, papers, proposals and develop IESR’s extractive industries program activities. Responsibilities would also include building partnership and networking with civil society organizations.
2. Climate and Energy Program Officer
She/He will be responsible to assist the implementation of our energy and climate change program in the institute together with the program coordinator. Main task include: assisting the implementation of research activities, management of activities, writing reports, papers and proposals, and develop IESR’s energy and climate program activities. Responsibilities would also include building partnership and networking with civil society organization.
Key requirements are:
· Having a strong passion to work in non-governmental sector and want to learn
· Honest, brave, creative, and smart;
· University graduate, preferably in engineering, economics (development study), law or equivalent works experience., advance degree will be an advantage;
· Having basic understanding on the energy and climate change issues will be an
· Excellent skills to carry out research and writing;
· Active English will be advantage;
· At least 1 year experience in public or non-governmental organization (NGOs);
· Able to work independent and in the team;
· Willing & able to travel and work with communities.
Interested applicants are invited to send a written application consisting of: (1) Application letter, (2) Curriculum Vitae (CV) and, (3) a short essay (600 – 1000 words) on the any topic related to the issue of selected position (energy, climate change, and/or extractive industries).
Application must be received before July 31st, 2009, please send to recruitment. iesr@gmail. com, please write in the subject line: Application for Climate and Energy Program Officer and/or Extractive Industries Program Officer.
Successful candidate will be offered minimum 2 years contract and receive take home pay around Rp. 2.5-3.5 million, plus medical insurance and other benefits. Level of salary depending on the experience, knowledge, education level and other skills.