(FAO-HPAI/I- T/15/07-66) (NATIONAL)
Location :Makassar, INDONESIA
Application Deadline :30-Jul-09
Type of Contract :Other Languages
Duration of Initial
Contract :3-month initial
contract with possibility of extension
THIS IS FAO POST, PLEASE SEND DIRECTLY
APPLICATION IN LINE WITH APPLICATION PROCEDURE AS OUTLINED BELOW.
I. Organizational Context
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a
United Nation agency which provides technical assistance in Indonesia. One
of our projects since 2006 provides support for the control of Avian Influenza,
in cooperation with national and regional Indonesian government livestock
authorities. Project activities are conducted in various locations nationwide.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Indonesia, the direct supervision of the Field
Veterinary Advisor of the AI Project Office in Makassar and in collaboration
with international and national staff of the AI Project, the translator will
provide interpretation and translation to support the FAO/ GOI Avian Influenza
Control Programme, Indonesia.
Duties and Responsibilities
II. Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of key functions:
* Provide oral translation from Indonesian into English and vice versa to technical advisors, project visitors and project personnel during trainings, workshops, meetings, field visits and researches.
* Translate related project documents as requested
* Assist in and facilitating contact between technical advisors or project visitors and other parties deemed necessary in the course of the work of the project
* Assist in taking meeting minutes if required
* Perform other related duties as required by the Field Veterinary Advisor
III. Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the success
of HPAI Programme implementation in Indonesia
* Demonstrates commitment to FAO vision, mission and values
* Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
* Contributes effectively to team work and team outcomes
* Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
* Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
* Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and public relation skills.
Required Skills and Experience
V. Recruitment Qualifications
* Diploma or University (S1)?graduate Diploma or University graduate fromany discipline
* Minimum of consecutive two (2) years experience in translation or interpretation work
* Previous employment in international organizations preferably within the UN specialized agencies;
* Possess good, interpersonal and communication skills;
* Ability to work in a multi- cultural environment with sensitivity and respect to diversity; and
* Ability to work with minimum supervision
Language Requirements: ?
* Excellent written and spoken English and Bahasa
All applications should be addressed
Operations Support Unit
Office of the FAO Representative in
11th Floor Menara Thamrin Building
Jl. M. H. Thamrin Kav 3 Jakarta 10250
Email address: FAO-ID@fao.org
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a one-page cover letter and updated curriculum vitae (CV in English) together with complete contact details of three professional references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted