construction project in Aceh Besar, Lamno, Calang and Nias for beneficiaries affected by Tsunami of December 26, 2004 and earthquake of March 28, 2005.
We are also implementing Livelihood, Environmental Health and Disaster
Preparedness Management programs to help families and communities to improve
their quality of life. We are looking for qualified and committed
candidates to fill the following position on a fixed term contract basis.
Deputy Program Manager Disaster Risk Reduction
Based: Banda Aceh
Minimum required knowledge & experience:
* Experience of working with Red Cross and Red Crescent or another
organization in disaster preparedness.
* At least two years of field experience preferably
* Experience of participatory assessment, program planning and
* University degree
* Experience of writing progress reports
* Good facilitation skills
* Good command of writing and speaking Bahasa Indonesia
* Computer skills (Windows, word processing, spreadsheets)
Standard function description
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Program Manager, the Deputy
to the Disaster Risk Reduction Program Manager will provide assistance to
supervise, coordinate and implement all disaster preparedness program
activities including early warning system/emergency communication and the
integrated community-based disaster risk reduction in the CRC program areas
1. Assist the Program Manager in establishing and
supporting the link of PMI ICBRR activities to CRC housing, livelihoods and
water and sanitation programs.
2. Assist the Program Manager to support PMI to implement
ICBRR program in NAD and Nias.
3. Conduct regular monitoring of ICBRR program areas and
4. Provide support in the planning and implementation of a
community-based early warning and emergency communication system including:
a. Technical and operational assessment, coordination, logistics and
b. Installation of HF and VHF radio system.
c. Preparation of detailed standard operating procedure (SOP)
d. Support to Program Manager in project management, identification and
training of operators in general radio operation according to SOP.
e. Coordination with SATLAK, SATKORLAK and BAKORNAS PBP and the
official warning agencies in early warning and emergency communications
5. Facilitation of relationships building and communication
between the CRC and the PMI.
6. Assist the Program Manager to work closely with the
Field Program Officers based in fields to ensure that project activities are
closely coordinated with the area Program Managers.
7. Supporting the networking efforts by liaising and
coordinating with the partner National Societies (PNSs), IFRC and other
international organizations/ agencies to ensure that effective working
relationships and information sharing channels with the Canadian Red Cross
8. Draft correspondence letters and weekly/monthly progress
report as requested.
9. Provide technical assistance to other CRC sectors as
10. Provide translation or interpretation as required.
11. Prepare written report of the program activities.
12. Undertake other duties that may be assigned from time to
time which are commensurate to the position.
* Respects and observes the staff regulations of the CRC in
* Respects and observes the code of conduct of the CRC in Indonesia
* The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered
in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments
Applications should be sent to
recruitment. id@redcross. ca quoting the Ref code as the subject of the e-mail
and indicating the Job title on the covering letter and the attachment
should not exceed 200 Kb. Only candidate meeting the Essential
Qualifications will be considered. Applications must be received by Friday,
31 July 2009. Canadian Red Cross gives an equal-opportunity employment
regardless of race, gender, religion, or political affiliations