Terms of Reference
Post Code: RJA 10/ADM/EPRO/ VII/09
Post Title: Emergency Preparedness & Response Officer
Location/Duty Station: Jakarta
Starting Date: Immediately
Contract Determined 3 month, possible to be extended
· To strengthen Contingency planning at national and regional level.
· To participate in emergency assessment, and set up effective mission emergency preparedness.
· To systematically maintain and socialize the national Contingency Planning amongst the national staff and national & international partners.
· To organize training at mission level with support of key staff and local partners as focal point on DRR mainstreaming in emergency & early recovery response.
· To expand disaster-watch and vulnerability monitoring at national and regional level.
· To support the head of mission in liaising with donors (institutional & private) and government committed to emergency response, to build and maintain the relationship.
Desired Qualifications :
· High School Certificate and 3 years’ experience in the humanitarian field
· Good command of English and computer knowledge
· Experience in emergency humanitarian work, including contingency planning, emergency response and early recovery, preferably as emergency preparedness & response officer
· Experience in and good command of project, budget & team management
· Experience in logistics and admin processes related to emergency preparedness & response
· Good organizer & team leader with solid planning skills, demonstrating rigor as well as an ability to entrench and ensure team spirit & cohesion
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Solid ability to build and develop networks with various stakeholders
· Dynamic and autonomous individual with a good stamina and a demonstrated capacity to work under pressure
· Diplomacy, Tenacity, Mobility
Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to applyand should submit a one-page cover letter stating current and expected salaries, updated CV in
English and latest photograph, together with complete contact details of two
professional referees (if possible) as attachment to:
(Please put the Post Title + your name in the email subject)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All ACF members are committed to respect the 6 leading principles of the organization: independence, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism and transparency. ACF is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline for submission of applications: July 31th, 2009