The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) is implementing a major community-based
reconstruction and rehabilitation program with the primary focus on shelter
construction project in Aceh Besar, Lamno, Calang and Nias for beneficiaries
affected by Tsunami of December 26, 2004 and earthquake of March 28, 2007.
We are also implementing Livelihood, Environmental Health and Disaster
Preparedness Management programs to help families and communities to improve
their live quality. We are looking for qualified and committed candidates
to fill the following position:
Program Officer for Integrated Program Approach
Overall, the Program Officer - Integrated Program Approach will provide
assistance on a daily basis to support the Canadian Red Cross in its work
with PMI to implement the Integrated Program 'Building Safer and Resilient
Communities in Indonesia' - A Community Based DRR/ ICBRR Initiative with key
components Organizational Development/ Capacity Building and Resource
Development) supported by the Canadian Red Cross (CRC) for PMI PUSAT/
National Head Quarters and Provinces - Lampung, Jambi, & West Sumatra. The
position is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Program Officer will provide assistance under the direction of the
Organizational Delegate to implement the following tasks:
1. Integrated Program for PMI
1. Assist in carrying-out Capacity/ Needs Assessment, data analysis,
developing project proposal, budget, log-frame, Plan of Action, and all
other necessary documents at the preparation stage of the project.
2. Work closely with all relevant divisions in PMI and all units in CRC
in developing the proposal document to ensure their participation in the
3. Monitor the implementation and provide regular reports as requested
by their supervisor to ensure the project is implemented according to the
Plan of Action and within the approved budget.
4. Support target Chapter and Branches with key focus in Organizational
Development/ Capacity Building; DRR/ ICBRR and Resource Development,
volunteer training and management
5. Ensure timely and accurate submission of project progress and
6. Support PMI PUSAT, target Chapter and branches in developing network
with stakeholders, including government counterparts, NGOs, INGOs, business
communities, etc. Attend coordination meetings with other stakeholders
7. Ensure regular communication and good coordination between CRC and
PMI National Office, target Chapter and Branches
8. Report to OD/ Program Delegate all activities and feedback from PMI
PUSAT; and target Chapter, & branches
9. Act as interpreter for CRC expatriate delegates at meetings/ field
visits and ensure meeting minutes taken and distribute.
1. To represent CRC in assisting PMI/ the International Federation of
Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (the Federation) to conduct emergency
assessment in time of disaster if requested.
2. Support Program delegates to monitor other CRC funded activities in
Indonesia, as required
3. To attend meetings, workshop, or training as recommended
4. Any other duties assigned by the Organizational Development
1. Actively work towards the achievement of the CRC goals in-country
through effective managerial and lateral relations and teamwork.
2. Respect and observe the Code of Conduct and staff regulations.
3. Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral
relationship and accountabilities.
4. Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross/ Red Crescent
5. Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may
be assigned by the line manager
* Graduation degree in international development and/or management
studies or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Minimum 2 years experience in program/ project design, budget,
monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
* Previous experience in development required.
* Experience in local capacity building, disaster risk reduction,
volunteer management and/or community development
* Experience in financial management development and fund-raising
* Experience in networking and developing relationships with various
partners and stakeholders.
* Experience of working effectively within a multicultural team.
* Professional English (written and spoken) and Bahasa Indonesian
* Strong commitment to the Principles of the Red Cross/Red Crescent
Applications should be sent to recruitment. id@redcross. ca quoting the Ref code as the subject of the e-mail and indicating the Job title on the covering letter and the attachment should not exceed 200 Kb.
Only candidate meeting the Essential Qualifications will be considered.
Applications must be received by Friday, July 24, 2009. Canadian Red Cross
gives an equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender, religion, or political affiliations.