The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) is working with the Indonesian Red Cross (PMI)
to implement the Integrated Program 'Building Safer and Resilient
Communities in Indonesia' - A Community Based DRR/ ICBRR Initiative with key
components Organizational Development/ Capacity Building and Resource
Development) supported by CRC for PMI PUSAT/ National Head Quarters and
Provinces - Lampung, Jambi, & West Sumatra.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the
Canadian Red Cross Integrated Program Team - based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
* Draft routine correspondence in English and Bahasa Indonesia;
* Maintains standard filling system with master index;
* Coordinates the meeting schedules for Country Representative and
* Coordinates with Admin and Finance staff in Banda;
* Organize courier service requirements;
* Liaise with IFRC to organize transportation, accommodation and
rooms for meetings/ monitoring trips;
* Liaise with PMI for scheduling and coordination of meetings, admin
and other matters as needed;
* Maintain bookkeeping of petty cash register, IDR and USD bank
register in excel spreadsheets
* Coordinate with field staff relating to finance, logistics,
administration and other matters
* Keep up to date daily cash record and cash counting;
* Verify IFRC billing for Jakarta Office expenses;
* Takes minutes of meetings in English and distribute, as per
* Handling cash and bank transactions according to the CRC policies
* Liaise with CRC - Banda Aceh to monitor validity and support visa
requirements for visitors and delegates in Jakarta;
Performs administrative duties such as photo-copying, scanning, preparing
power points presentations; attending phone calls/ visitors and messages;
ensure office cleanliness; and any other administrative tasks as directed by
the line manager
* Actively work towards the achievement of the CRC goals in-country
through effective managerial and lateral relations and teamwork.
* Respect and observe the Code of Conduct and staff regulations.
* Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral
relationship and accountabilities.
* Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross/ Red Crescent
* Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that
may be assigned by the line manager
Qualifications and experience required
* Diploma in English studies and/or Business Administration
* At-least 3 years of directly experienced;
* Functional Plus level in English and Bahasa Indonesia;
* Ability to work deadlines and produce accurate work;
* Self starter with initiative to undertake work with minimal
* Experience in the Red Cross Movement and/or with other NGO's would
be an advantage;
* Team Player;
* Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point.
Please Notice: Applications should be sent to recruitment. id@redcross. ca
quoting the Ref code as the subject of the e-mail and indicating the Job
title on the covering letter and the attachment should not exceed 200 Kb.
Only candidate meeting the Essential Qualifications will be considered.
Applications must be received by Friday, July 24, 2009. Canadian Red Cross
gives an equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender, religion,
or political affiliations.