Indonesia. The project aims to strengthen education management and governance capacity at the district and school level. Key stakeholders include Bupati’s Office, Bappeda, , DPR, Dewan Pendidikan, School Committee, Civil Society Organizations and School Heads.is currently implementing the USAID-funded Decentralized Basic Education (DBE1) Project in
RTI International is seeking experienced and highly motivated individuals to assist in the delivery of the DBE1 program. You should have strong communication skills, computer literacy, willingness to travel extensively, ability to learn and work both independently and as part of a team.
RTI International seek to hire: Data & Information Assistant (DIA)
As Data & Information Assistant you will be responsible updating and maintaining the DBE1 System (PDMS), updating of related provincial information from within the integrated DBE project website, and provide basic IT backstopping for the program. He/she will be based in Medan, North Sumatera.
And will be required to travel to the field for assist in data collection.
1. Maintains and update project Website and act as Province level Web Admin (follows Project Website Protocol);
2. Assists EMIS & ICT Assistant and IT assistant to code/program and to install (roll out) Project Website, PDMS, Special EPM, TraiNet, M&E and other required Software;
3. Update/data entry and maintain PDMS Software with regard to various district and/or provinces data and Information resources (under Data and Information Specialist supervision) ;
4. Update/data entry and maintain data and information related to TraiNet and M&E software and other software use by DBE1 Specialist and/or advisors;
5. Update/data entry and maintain Special EPM software and support other data required by Province Specialist ( Province Budget and Finance Specialist and Community Participation Specialist);
6. Assist IT Assistant to install, configure & maintain province shared internet, extranet and internet system including help install and configure province network device, file/web/database servers, and backup systems;
7. Produce province based output (periodic report, special report and ad hoc report) from existing DBE software (Project Website, PDMS, Special EPM, TraiNet, M&E, and other required software) asked by DBE1 Advisors/Specialist ;
8. Assist District Coordinators on data collection an data processing (update/data entry) on data and information gathered by District Coordinators;
9. Provides administrative support for Provincial Office Manager focusing on achievement of the following results;
· Provision of advice on and assistance in procurement of new equipment for the CO and projects, provision of technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets, review of quotations and bids;
· Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware;
· Maintenance of the library of reference materials;
· Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit.
a. Carry out other duties as required by supervisor-Provinci al Coordinator.
b. Work under technical supervision of and report to DBE1 Provincial Coordinator.
· Computer Science and IT- related undergraduate degree
· 3 (three) years of experience in database and website management
· Good work ethic and strong desire to complete tasks in a timely manner as directed.
· Ability to effectively organizing, prioritizing work assignments and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Ability to work independently and as a team member.
· Ability to appreciate international diversity and to establish effective working relationships with international clients.
Please submit your CV and covering letter by email (indicating the job you are interested in) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 26 Mei 2009, Females are encouraged to apply.