Monday, May 4, 2009
NGO Vacancy - Canadian Red Cross : Senior Technical Advisor - Defects and Liabilities
reconstruction and rehabilitation program with the primary focus on shelter
construction project in Aceh Besar, Lamno, Calang and Nias for beneficiaries
affected by Tsunami of December 26, 2004 and earthquake of March 28, 2007.
We are also implementing Livelihood, Environmental Health and Disaster
Preparedness Management programs to help families and communities to improve
their live quality. We are looking for qualified and committed candidates
to fill the following position:
Senior - Defects & Liabilities
Summary of Responsibilities
To assist the CRC NAD PMU Manager - Defects & Liabilities Period in
monitoring the Defects Liability Period in the regions where is working (Aceh besar, Lamno and Calang) to assure Contractor(s) and
Engineering Consulting Firm(s) (ECF) adherence to contractual obligations
including but not limited to:
* Tracking beneficiary dwelling warranty qualification by
date, pertinent identification numbers, location, actionable items, and Work
* Monitoring to assure quality and timeliness of remedial
* Inspection of materials for previously approved source and
methods of work.
* Formatting, posting, and tracking of relevant DLP data.
* Liaising with CRC Field Managers and Community Engagement
staff to facilitate DLP activities and beneficiary satisfaction.
* Monitoring performance of technical consultants.
* Reviewing and remarking on ECF and Contractor work plans.
* Organize and conduct 'socialization' events for the benefit
of beneficiary comprehension of issues relevant to their dwelling units.
* Compose and produce reports, charts, and graphs to
illustrate key data relevant to performance, quality, frequency, timeliness,
and other indicators of DLP
* To perform other duties and assignments that the DLP Manager
may reasonably require
Minimum required knowledge & experience
* 10 years experience in the same field;
* Master Degree of educational level in related field;
* Advanced level of English Language Skill;
* Very good computer literate - MS Word, Excel, Outlook and
Please Notice: Applications should be sent to recruitment. id@redcross. ca
quoting the Ref code as the subject of the e-mail and indicating the Job
title on the covering letter and the attachment should not exceed 200 Kb.
Only candidate meeting the Essential Qualifications will be considered.
Applications must be received by Friday, May 15, 2009
gives an equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender, religion,
or political affiliations.