(IOM) Indonesia is looking for Migration Health Physician (2 positions) according to the terms of reference below. Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org mailto:email@example.com not later than 01 June 2009 indicating the reference code below as subject. All candidates are requested to specify their availability date in the
application form. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference No : - SVN/ID10/2009/ 044 (Medan)
- SVN/ID10/2009/ 045 (Tanjung Pinang)
Position Title : Migration Health Physician
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade 7
Duty Station : Medan / Tanjung Pinang - Indonesia
Type & duration of contract : Special All Inclusive, 3 months, with
possibility of extension
Under the overall administrative supervision of the IOM Chief of Mission (COM) for Indonesia, under technical guidance of the Senior Migration Health Physician and the Senior Migration Health Advisor, the Migration Health Physician for the Management and Care of Intercepted Irregular Immigrants in Indonesia Programme will provide health care and as the team leader of the Migration Health Team in his or her duty post
supervise the delivery of basic health and psychosocial services to migrants endorse by the Government of Indonesia to IOM for assistance in Medan/Belawan sub-district and Tanjung Pinang.
The Migration Health Physician is expected to carry out his/her duties in accordance with strictest moral and ethical standards and with due respect for gender and socio-cultural differences of the migrants. In particular he/she will be responsible for:
1. Managing and supervising the provision of general medical care and psychosocial services to migrants endorsed to IOM for assistance by the Government of Indonesia in Medan and Belawan sub-district.
2. Conducting the initial medical examination and care of each migrant registered under the management and care of IOM by the Government of Indonesia. Upon request (from Operations), organize and facilitate the national/local deployment of a Medical Team to conduct initial medical examination and care of migrants endorsed by the
3. Coordinating and liaising with local health and other relevant authorities regarding the health and psychosocial condition and management of the migrants.
4. Attending to the health and psychosocial well-being of migrants particularly when they are having problems or on hunger strike/ any other protest behaviour expressed by the migrants.
5. Conducting regular visits to the immigration detention centre in Belawan and to IOM accommodations in Medan and it's surrounding to provide the medical services to the migrants under IOM care. Ensurethat medical visitations are conducted as scheduled.
6. Developing and maintaining an efficient medical referral system for medical cases that require specialized medical attention and or hospitalization.
7. Ensuring the completion of pre-departure medical check up for fitness to travel for migrants who are willing to return home voluntarily and for migrants travelling under the supervision of IOM within Indonesia as requested
8. Monitoring and ensuring the proper storage, maintenance and procurement of basic and supplies for the IOM Migration Health Clinic including Emergency Medical Kits, Medical Escorts Kits, Mobile Kits and others.
9. Gathering, managing, analysis and reporting of health and psychosocial data on the migrants.
10. Writing, reviewing (reports of team members), consolidating and submitting individual case reports, monthly progress and statistical reports and their timely submission to the Senior Migration Health Physician.
11. Ensuring that the confidentiality of the migrant's medical information is strictly implemented and maintained by everyone assisting the migrants.
12. Coordinating with the Operations team to ensure that migrants' basic needs are met.
13. Verifying and checking medical bills for accuracy and monitor medical expenses.
14. Determining the disability and recommending the type of assistance and the need for medical escorts to assist travelling migrants or voluntary returnees diagnosed with special medical medication in close coordination with Operations.
15. Undertake other duties as assigned.
Indonesian National. Registered Physician in Indonesia. University Degree in Medicine with at least five years clinical experience in General Practice and/or Family Medicine. Previous work experience dealing with the health management and care of vulnerable groups; delivery of public health services, TB program, STI and reproductive health services and/or HIV/ AIDS programming are distinct advantages. Proven capacity to develop and supervise quality control/assurance mechanisms in medical activities. Understanding of biostatistics and basic research concepts.
Excellent communication and negotiation skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility. Experience in working with government institutions is preferable. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Awareness of gender issues. Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds. Willingness to travel and to work under difficult conditions. High commitment to the duty assigned.
Good level of computer literacy and fluent English.
For more detail info about us, please visit our website : www.iom.or.id