is an international relief and development agency based in London with 21 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for disaster and conflict affected people across the globe. We are currently operating in more than 60 countries. In Indonesia our main programs include , Shelter and Livelihoods with our Field Office based in Banda Aceh, and further sub-offices in Jakarta, Yogyakarta, and Padang.
Under Service Contract between Muslim Aid - International Migration Organization (IOM) Yogyakarta No. IOM/WB-PPC-001 to provides a high qualification Technical Support Staff to IOM Yogyakarta, Muslim Aid Yogyakarta is currently looking for a qualified and committed candidate to fill the following position :
Position title : M & E Field Assistant (ME)
Duty Station : Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Gross Salary : Rp. 3.100.000,00
Under the general guidance of the M&E Manager and the direct supervision of the M&E Supervisor, the M&E Field Assistant will be responsible for the following function:
1. Assist the M&E Supervisor to identify the key performance questions, indicators and parameters for monitoring programmes/projects performance and achievement and compare it to the purposes and targets.
2. Assist in the preparation and development of questionnaires, formulating surveys, and other templates required for monitoring and evaluation activities.
3. Provide relevant information for the ongoing monitoring and evaluation activities and impact of the programs and comply with the regular reporting requirement.
4. Conduct field monitoring of target community groups, collate quantitative and qualitative data on individual and/or group of beneficiaries.
5. Assist the M&E Unit in ensuring effective beneficiary identification, verification and eligibility.
6. Assist the M&E Supervisor to schedule and conduct spot check, random surveys; and if necessary, comprehensive operational and programmatic assessment to project locations, end users and local partners where appropriate.
7. Assist the M&E Unit in verifying the complaints received from the community if necessary
8. Identify constraints and issues, particularly in relation to the process, and provide a solution if necessary.
9. Coordinate closely with the Information and Management Unit to ensure that the data provided by M&E and other Units are adequately recorded in the Central database.
10. In close coordination with Unit Heads to obtain the updated schedule, share and discuss the progress of the activities.
11. Assist in undertaking initiatives to promote IOM’s image and activities in the earthquake affected region.
12. Provide report to the M&E supervisor on daily and weekly basis using given template
13. Act with integrity and professionalism and in accordance with IOM’s Code of Conduct, at all times
14. At the request of the Line Manager or M&E Manager, participate in staff development and training processes.
15. Perform other duties as may be assigned by M&E supervisor.
· University degree, preferably in social science, administration, economic, or alternatively, combination of related education and professional experience.
· Previous and relevant experience working the community mobilization participatory approach, facilitation process, and/or monitoring evaluation activities.
· Ability to prepare quickly concise reports and input database
· Excellent command of Microsoft Office Package
· Experience working in International Organization or local NGOs
· Knowledge of statistical and quantitative methods
· Efficiency, flexibility, drive for results,
espect for diversity, creative thinking, and punctual.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in team, individual and multi-cultural environment.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work in the environment of the operating areas
· Fluency in Javanese and Intermediate level of English is required.
Applicants should submit a cover letter stating current and expected salaries, updated CV (including at least three references with contact information) as attachment to email@example.com quoting the position applied as the subject of the e-mail.
Example : M & E Field Asisstantposition, Subject must be: [ME] Your Name
Applications must be received by Friday, May 22, 2009 and the attachment should not exceed 200 Kb.
Muslim Aid gives an equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender, or religion