An NGO-managed education program operating in seven provinces in Indonesia seeks qualified candidates based in Jakarta Office for the following vacant position:
1. Receptionist/ :
The successful candidate will be responsible for the reception desk, carrying out general administration duties and will be required to assist with the day to day running of the office, to provide administrative level support EDC Staff in Jakarta Office. Position demands a high level of responsibility with minimal supervision, independent performance of varied duties, extensive communication, command of organization, and excellent prioritization.
- At least 3-5 years administrative management experience, preferably with large-scale international projects;
- Successful experience working in a diverse, face-paced environment;
- Excellent computer skills including, Microsoft word, excel, Outlook exchange email system;
- Versed in office administration duties including faxing, photocopying, answering phones, arranging meetings;
- Bachelors degree or 5 years administrative experience required.
2. Procurement Officer
Procurement Officer will report to and will work closely with Grants Manager, finance team, designated procurement staff in provincial offices, and other technical staff. The Procurement Officer will ensure that the subcontractor meets performance requirements, and adheres to all relevant USAID regulations.
The Procurement Officer will collaboratively plan procurement activities for various technical components, including Cluster Resource Centers (CRCs), Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs), Kindergartens, Libraries, and other programs. The Procurement Officer will develop specifications, in collaboration with technical staff, and will seek best value for the project by procuring all necessary items through transparent bidding processes.
The Procurement Officer is responsible for of procurement of commodities/ services for programmatic activities carried out in Jakarta and provincial offices. The Procurement Officer will ensure effective communications between provincial procurement staff, vendors in Jakarta and the provinces, Jakarta finance staff, grants management staff, as well as . The Procurement Officer monitors the processes of procurement and delivery of in-kind grants in provinces, making sure that all necessary approvals are signed and delivered, and that vendor payments are in accordance with the procedures.
- 2 – 5 years experience managing administrative systems, overseeing complex processes which require approval from various parties at different stages
- Knowledge of USAID regulations regarding procurement would be an advantage
- Knowledge of transparent bidding processes for procurement, and management of
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia, conversant & literate in English would be an advantage
3. Distance Education Program Manager
Education Manager is responsible for overseeing the planning and effective implementation of DE pilots and activities planned and implemented by the project. Under the leadership of the Chief of Party and supervision of the Open University/ICT Advisors, he/she will work together with the ICT Training Manager and other technical specialists both in Jakarta and provinces, the CRC Grants Manager, partner universities and national and local stakeholders. The position requires strong management skills and leadership ability. The Manager is expected to show strong initiative in launching activities, solving problems, and effectively coordinating activities among multiple teams with competing priorities.
• Assist with the design of the DE pilot programs basing them on the results and recommendations of the DE study, and integrating them with relevant, project best practices including the ICT-based best practices.
• In collaboration with key provincial staff to oversee and manage the implementation of pilot distance training activities
• Conduct formative assessment of effectiveness of the DE pilot to solicit input for revising the systems.
• Assist in the development and dissemination of information on the results of pilot activities to other members of the project team and to provincial offices, to allow lessons learned in pilot activities to be effectively replicated
• Update GOI stakeholders and USAID on progress of DE pilot activities as necessary
• Support the transition activities by assisting with the development of strategies for take up DE pilot activities by stakeholders and beneficiaries.
• Prepare reports on pilot activities, best practices, transition strategy and contribute to the quarterly and annual reports.
• A minimum of 8 years experience working in distance education development
• Advanced degree in education, distance education or relevant subject
• Strong experience working with Indonesian education system, universities, Indonesia central and provincial government structures
• Proven ability to effectively manage complex projects, communicate among various stakeholders
• Highly organized and work well under pressure.
• Have good interpersonal skills and value working in a collaborative environment.
• Fluent English and demonstrated excellent English writing capabilities
• Successful experience managing multiple activities
Send a CV and cover letter to our email address: DBE2Indonesia@ edc.org
Please keep attachments small. All applications due before 22 May 2009
Only short listed candidates will be interviewed
The recruitment process regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, disability and religious beliefs