Title Position: Livelihood Project Officer
Duration: Three (3) months, with possible extension
Duty Station: BandaAceh
Starting Date: assoon as possible
Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Under the supervision of The PMI Banda Aceh Branch Chairman, the Livelihood Project Assistant will closely work with JRCSLivelihood Program Officer, partners and the targeted group.
2. Actively encourage the targeted group to highly participating in every activities implemented by PMI BA – JRCS.
3. Coordinatethe efficient day-to-day functioning of the project activities in accordance with the plans approved by PMI and JRCS.
4. Facilitate community participation in the above project activities.
5. Make logistical and organizational arrangements for meetings, workshops and training courses.
6. Assist in the compilation and circulation of working documents, agendas, proposals,reports, policy papers, training information and other materials required formeetings and workshops.
7. Follow-upof the above events, attending them when required, and ensure that minutes are taken and appropriate.
8. Produce project activity reportson a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis to be submitted to PMI NAD and JRSC.
9. Monitor and control correspondence and other internal/external communications related to the project at the PMI branch level, ensure timely and appropriate action is taken on all pending matters within deadlines and priorities
10. Performother related duties as may be assigned by JRCS.
1. University degree in Community Development, Social Sciences, and other related fields
2. Minimum 2 years work experience in community development
Experience working with Red Cross or other International Organization is preferable.
3. Computer proficient, able to work in Word,Excel, and other related software.
4. Fluency in English (written and spoken) and Bahasa is a must. Knowledge of Acehnese Language is an advantage.
5. Relevant experience in planning, organizing andimplementing vocational training.
6. Understanding of monitoring and evaluationprocess.
7. Excellent communication and interpersonal skillto adequately represent organization to partner, targeted group and community.
8. Experience working with women group andactivities is and advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and submit their application along with CV and other related documents and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or
put your name as Subject Line.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Application must be submitted before 5th May 2009.
Women areencouraged to apply.