UNFPA-Ministry of Women Empowerment (MOWE) is now immediately looking for a Temporary Program Support Officer (PSO). For more detail info, please refer to the TOR of this vacancy as below: Kindly pass this Announcement on to everyone who might be interested. thanks.
Temporary Programme Support Officer (PSO) Gender
For UNFPA 7th Country Programme (2006-2010) GBV Services & Policy
Duty Station: Ministry of Women Empowerment (MOWE), Jl. Abdul Muis No. 7, 9th Floor, Jakarta 10110
Report to: PCO Gender of MOWE and NPO Gender at UNFPA
Duration: 7 Months (temporary)
Under direct supervision of Program Component Officer (PCO) of MOWE, and in consultation with PCM of MOWE and NPO Gender at UNFPA; PSO closely supervises and assists the coordinating unit at 9 pilot districts in order to achieve outputs set for the implementation of program activities in those targeted provinces and districts. In coordination with MOWE’s PCO and UNFPA’S NPO, PSO also contributes to enhance coordination, technical assistance provision and implementation of program activities which are designed to improve GBV services and polices in central and sub-national.
1. Take pro-active role to support the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the agreed work-plan, particularly in that of designed for the targeted districts;
2. Supervise the use of project funds, ensuring the funds are used appropriately and efficiently, and ensure the completion of the required documentation including the submission of quarterly work plan and financial Forms COE;
3. Undertake regular field visits to monitor programme implementation.
1. Provide technical and substantive supports for the development and implementation of programs and activities designed for and/or to be implemented within the targeted districts.
2. Conduct regular coordination and communication with key stakeholders/resource persons necessary for the achievement of the outputs set for the program implementation in those targeted districts;
3. Ensure the quality and timeliness of the annual work-plan and its compliance with the Country Programme (CPAP) and other agreement made, e.g., review meetings;
4. Review the content of proposed work plan from the field in consultation with the MOWE’s PCO and the UNFPA’s NPO.
5. Ensure that all programme activities pertinent to targeted districts, as detailed in the work-plan, are implemented to the highest standard of quality;
6. Provide advice, suggestions and comments to the Local Government for improvement in the formulation and implementation of UNFPA Programme.
7. Submit regular progress report, field visit reports, and ensure that the annual programme progress report and final programme analysis report are prepared and submitted in a timely manner and to the highest standard of quality.
8. In coordination with MOWE’s PCO and UNFPA’s NPO, undertake on-going participatory appraisal of the performance and progress of the programme, identify bottlenecks and ensure necessary actions are made in a timely manner to remedy the problem.
9. Any other reasonable duty as required by PCMU Gender or UNFPA
1. Master's degree in Health, Social, Development or Medical degree or other related fields;
2. Demonstrated experience in project/programme management at national level;
3. A strong personnel management experience;
4. Experience in working with government institutions, NGOs or donor organizations;
5. Experience in working with Gender Based Violence issues; especially in providing services and/or advocacy;
6. Familiarity with issues on population, reproductive health and gender in Indonesia.
Interest candidates should send their letter of interest and relevant CV to email@example.com no later than Friday, May 15 of 2009 at 5 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
This information is also available at UNFPA website