FRENCH RED CROSS
JOB DESCRIPTION : IT OFFICER
Reff Code : ITO ID158
Position title: Information Technologies (IT) Officer
Reporting to: The Disaster Management (DM) Programme Coordinator
Starting Date The IT Officer assists the DM Team in the monitoring of its IT project in Bali, Yogyakarta and Jambi
6 months (with possible extension depending on programme needs)
As soon as possible
CONTEXT OF THE POSITION
In July 2005, FRC signed a MOU with the Indonesian Government, the French Government and the Indonesian Red Cross (PMI) to initiate a capacity-building programme in the field of disaster management.
In April 2007, Indonesia has adopted a new law on Disaster Management, which started the process towards the creation of a new integrated DM system in the country, with the role of new DM agencies at all levels of government (national, provincial and district levels). The new national DM agency (BNPB) was created in early 2008 and the provincial agencies are under establishment.
Within this framework, the FRC DM programmeâ€™s main objective is to establish Emergency Operation Centers (EOC) in various pilot provinces to foster the smooth coordination of operational means between all agencies in responding to disasters. This EOC are hence a decision-making, analysis and resource / information tool.
As per May 2009, the construction phase for these EOC is under completion while the IT equipments of these centers are under the process of tender. The installation of all these equipments is scheduled to start in July 2009 after coordination with the winning company in June.
In coordination with the Programme Coordinator, the IT Officerâ€™s main objective is to monitor the installation of IT equipments in the three EOC of Bali, Yogyakarta and Jambi, while ensuring proper coordination between FRC project team, the local provincial authorities and the selected company.
Under the authority of the programme coordinator, the ICT officer:
1. Participate to coordination meeting with the selected company and local authorities in order to discuss and validate all the components of the IT solution;
2. Monitor the installation of equipments in the sites whenever necessary;
3. Prepare checklists and tests in order to ensure quality-control of the IT installation;
4. Define the training needs for the local partners and monitor trainings provided by the identified company;
5. Prepare procedures for daily maintenance of the IT systems, to be handed over to the local partners at the end of the project;
5. Define the maintenance needs from the company and negotiate the terms of a maintenance contract;
6. Conduct any other activity as required by the DM Programme Coordinator.
All these tasks are realized under the supervision of the programme coordinator and in close coordination with the FRC ICT Senior Officer who designed the overall system to be installed.
- Bachelor (S1) degree in the field of IT
- One to two year experience in IT installation, networking and maintenance.
- Similar experience in international organization and/or working with government officials is an advantage
- Knowledge in radio communication system is an advantage
- Knowledge of the RC/RC Movement and its guiding principles, as well as the willingness to abide by them
- Strong capacity of analysis as well as attention to details and discipline
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English
- Willingness to travel and prepared to work under pressure
Applications should be sent to crf.indo.recruitmen firstname.lastname@example.org
quoting the Ref code as the subject of the e-mail and indicating the Job
title on the covering letter.
Only candidate meeting the Essential Qualifications will be considered.
Applications must be received by Sunday, May 24.