(MDM) is an international medical Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that is implementing a health program in /Puncak Jaya /district, Papua. MDM supports health staff and communities in improving the district health situation by technical capacity building, training and education. MDM focus on , including prevention of Sexual Transmitted Infections and HIV/AIDS. Médecins du Monde supports vulnerable population worldwide to reach an improved health status and its right to health. MDM works on basis of impartiality and neutrality.
As part of its program Medecins du Monde is seeking
A nurse or a midwife
to join its medical team in Puncak Jaya District.
Salary, working conditions and position will be subject to MDM staff internal Regulations for Indonesian missions.
The main activities will consist of:
· Preparation and participation of mobile clinics,
· Organisation and participation in health training sessions,
· Collection of data in villages and health facilities,
· Participation in assessments with the medical team.
· Bachelor degree or highschool degree with proven
· Background in education,
· Nurse diploma or midwife diploma.
* Preferred professional experience*
· In community health and/or in health education.
· Proven experience of working at similar level in NGO.
· Rural field experience and training skills.
· Knowledge and participation in health care activities.
· Experience in STI, HIV/AIDS prevention, and women health and education.
· Fluent English and Bahasa Indonesia both oral and written.
· Proficiency with word and excel.
· Ability to observe, listen, understand.
· Sense of autonomy and initiative.
· Ability to live and work as a team in a multicultural context in a remote area.
· Good physical condition (the activities are run in Papuan highlands and involve walking between villages).
· Capacity to be adaptive: learn from different cultures and people, specifically the Dani people in the highlands of Papua.
Interested candidates can apply by sending their letter of interest, CV, references and copy of certificates to the attention of:
Silvy Rio, Médecins du Monde; Jl.Angkasa Indah III/15 RT 02 - RW II Angkasapura - Jayapura (99113).
For further information on the position the office can be contacted at admin.papua.mdmindonesia@ gmail.com
Applications should be received not later than 5th of June 2009. Onlyshort listed candidates will be notified.
Farah R. Rachmat