Cordia – Caritas Medan is a Caritas organization which established with the purpose to enable, assist, and coordinate relief and social within the Archdiocese of Medan (Keuskupan Agung Medan). We are currently seeking qualified and highly motivated people for these following positions to be based in Medan:
1. DRR-ER Coordinator (DEC)
Division : DRR-ER
Location : Medan
Supervises : CMDRR & ER Team
Roles coordinating with : Financial Coordinator, Program manager, Office manager
Objective of the Job
To Coordinate the DRR & ER projects and team of Cordia to reduce the risk of disaster in local communities and to prepare for a rapid and effective response to emergencies in accordance with the SPHERE project standards and the values of Cordia.
• Manage the CMDRR & ER Projects
• Design CMDRR & ER Projects
• Lead and supervise the CMDRR and ER Team
• Further develop Cordia’s CMDRR and ER policy
• Responsible for the design of DRR – ER for Cordia & funding body
• Responsible for submitting interim and final report of projects of DRR – ER implemented by Cordia.
• Responsible for the assessment and appraisal of DRR – ER project proposals submitted to Cordia
• Responsible for the preparation of DRR – ER proposals for the approval process
• Responsible for designing and updating DRR – ER database and related activities.
• Responsible for the creation and updating of the DRR – ER profile
• Establishing and maintaining a coordination system in DRR – ER division structure in Cordia
• Establishing and maintaining a coordination system in DRR - ER at the Community Organization level.
• Building and maintaining coordination and good relationships with relevant DRR – ER bodies on provincial, diocese, parish and communities levels.
• Coordinating with the DRR consultant of Caritas Germany and Liaison Officer of Secoir Catholique/Caritas France
• Contributing to the formulation of Cordia’s mid- and long term strategy.
• Administering DRR – ER projects by supervising and advising the implementing agencies.
• Representing Cordia at local NGO and donor meetings.
• Providing mentorship to the staff.
• Coordinating with Public Relations for the publication of Cordia’s project implementation achievements
• Coordinating weekly team meetings and the distribution of minutes
• Contributing to information sharing within the agency
Emergency Response specific responsibilities:
• Monitor disaster prone areas during the rainy season.
• Carry out rapid assessments in disaster affected areas.
• Design ER plans.
• Supervise the correct handling of procurement of relief items.
• Assure that the principles outlined in the regarding Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards are maintained in ER.
• Degree: S1 in social sciences or economics.
• Working experience: min. 2 years in managing development programs
• Demonstrated experience in supervising a team of volunteers or employees
• Demonstrated excellent writing and reporting skills
• Demonstrated understanding of CMDRR & ER in an Indonesian context
• Demonstrated excellent time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated excellent (MS Word, Excel and Access).
• Demonstrated excellent Communication and Networking Skills
• Language: excellent verbal and writing skills in English essential.
• Familiarity with Project Cycle Management
• Master Degree in Community Development or relevat field
• Experience in training and/or facilitation
2. Social Coordinator (SC)
Division : Social
Location : Medan
Supervisor : Program Manager
Objective of the Job
Coordinates Cordia’s social projects in accordance with Cordia’s Strategic Planning in Drugs, HIV/ AIDS – related issues and Community-Based Rehabilitation to promote social awareness and services.
• Develop a Social Programme strategy on social work in accordance with Cordia's Strategic Plan.
• Develop Social project proposals.
• Coordinate the activities of the social division
• Set up a team of employees and volunteers to implement Cordia's social projects
• Supervises and provide support to the Social team
• Implements projects or activities for the Social division.
• Monitor and evaluates project and activities.
• Together with the Finance department, monitors the expenses and budgets of the social projects.
• Together with the other Project Coordinators, takes part in Cordia's learning and sharing of lessons learned and best practices
• Prepares weekly work plans and monthly report according to the regulations.
• Provides progress and of project.
• Creates social awareness activities along with other community agencies or INGOs/NGOs
• Builds and maintains networks in programs areas.
• Works together with organizations and agencies in the area.
• Represents Cordia in social issues meeting forums.
• Maintains up to date database, documentation and filing system.
• Facilitates trainings in project areas.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
· Degree: S1 in social sciences
· Working experience: min. 2 years in project and
· Possessing a good level of understanding of drugs & HIV/AIDS related issues in North Sumatra
· Demonstrated excellent time management and organizational skills
· Computer skills (MS Word, Excel and Access)
· Demonstrated experience in supervising a team of volunteers or employees
· Demonstrated experience in managing projects, designing proposals and reporting
· Demonstrated Excellent Communication and Networking Skills
· Demonstrated commitment to principles of human rights
• (managerial and technical) in drugs & HIV/AIDS related issues
• Master Degree in Community Development or Social Work
• Familiar with Project Cycle Management
• Experience of facilitating training
• Possessing excellent verbal and written English skills.
Applications including a cover letter addressing the qualification required and your interest in the position, a detailed CV with 2 references contacts details, salary history and expected salary should be sent not later than 2 (two) weeks from the date of this advertisement (deadline: 25 May 2009) to:
Cordia Caritas Medan, Jl. Sei Asahan No. 42 Medan 20151, or by email: cordiamedan@ yahoo.com with a subject line that indicates the position for which you are applying. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.