IOM is looking for an Operation Assistant according to the terms of reference below. Interested applicants are invited to apply by submitting their application to hrbandaaceh@ iom.int no later than 29 May 2009 indicating the reference code below. All candidates are kindly requested to specify their availability date in the application form. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference Code: SVN/ID1/2009/ 040
Position Title : Operation Assistant
Duty Station : Idi Rayeuk, Aceh Timur, Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam
Classification : Grade 3, one month
Estimate Starting Date : Soon as Possible
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Assistant III and the overall supervision of the National Operations Officer the Operations Assistant will be responsible in performing operations support functions. In particular, he/she will:
1. Assist in the monitoring of the Irregular Migrants (IMs)activities and ensure that all basic services (accommodation facilities, basic personal supplies and toiletries, security and medical assistance including psycho-social counseling; provide them what they need such as identification cards, transportation requirements. Coordinate with the Medical and Mental Health teams to ensure that all IM’s are provided adequate and appropriate medical services, including psychosocial counseling.
2. When required, visit the IM’s and undertake activities as indicated in the visit activity/work plan prepared in coordination with the supervisor. Prepare and submit reports to supervisor on the activity.
3. Coordinate with hotel owners and relevant hotel staff to ensure that accommodation for IM’s are within the agreed standard. Refer to supervisors in case there are disputes between hotel owners and IMs. Be responsible for the payments for hotels used by IMs and other service providers.
4. Coordinate with local authorities on IM activities in the area of responsibility.
5. Coordinate changes on the IM’s status with supervisor and colleagues within the unit. Coordinate with the supervisor and colleagues handling resettlement and voluntary repatriation on IM movements to ensure accurate and updated IM statistics.
6. Escort IM’s on the movement.
7. Provide assistance in the ticketing requirements of the Jakarta office. Maintain a database for ticketing.
8. Perform other duties as may be required.
Diploma in management, Economics, political, social science or business and counseling will be highly regarded. At least one year of experience in any of these fields, particularly in dealing with migrants and ticketing.
Effective organizational skill and ability to establish priorities and plans, ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines. Proficient in computer applications.
Good written and spoken communications skills, good interpersonal skills, high loyalty, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and good working in team.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia both oral and written.
Berselancar lebih cepat dan lebih cerdas dengan Firefox 3
http://downloads. yahoo.com/ id/firefox/