Operations Assistant I (Ticketing Assistant) according to the terms of
reference below. Interested candidates are invited to submit their
applications to hrjakarta@iom. int
than 31 May 2009 indicating the reference code below as subject. All
candidates are requested to specify their availability date in the
application form. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be
Reference No : SVN/ID10/2009/ 042
Position Title : Operations Assistant I
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade 4
Duty Station : Jakarta - Indonesia
Type&duration of contract : Special All Inclusive, 3 months with
possibility of extension
Under direct supervision of the Senior Operations Assistant and the
overall supervision of the National Operations Officer, the incumbent
will be responsible in performing operations support functions,
especially for the ticket reservation for the movements and staff
travels. In particularly he/she will:
1. Receive and review request for ticket reservation from staff
members and for IM's movement
2. Coordinate with the Airlines and the travel agents for the
3. Request travel agents for price quotation, determines applicable
class of travels.
4. Identify potential travel agents/airlines and ascertain conditions
of purchase and quotations of the ticket.
5. Present price quotations for review and approval of the
supervisor. Incumbent may also recommend the best quotation to
6. Coordinate and ensure that all ticket purchases are reviewed and
approved by the programme managers or Unit Officer.
7. Upon approval, authorizes travel agent to issue the tickets and
collect the ticket from the Airlines/travel agents. . .
8. Ensure the timely delivery of procured ticket to the requestor and
ensure that the requestor submitted the TA for the supporting documents.
9. Check and Verify the invoice from the travel agents bills before
submit it to the National Operations Officer and the Finance.
10. Prepare the request for payment of the ticket purchased and submit
it to Finance Unit.
11. Maintain files and record on the ticketing data base.
12. Coordinate with colleagues in other sub offices for local and with other mission for international ticket booking.
13. Ensure that the used airlines are secure and as advised by UNDSS.
14. Serve as back up of other Operations Assistant I in Jakarta.
15. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Desirable Qualifications :
Diploma in management, economic, political, social science and business.
Previous working experience with travel agency/airline company will be
highly regarded. At least one to three years of experience in ticketing
Effective organizational skill and ability to establish priorities and
plans, willingness to stay in the office, ability to work under
difficult conditions and cope with deadlines with minimal supervision.
Proficient in computer applications.
Excellent communication skills, personal commitment, efficiency and
flexibility. Good level of computer literacy awareness of gender issues.
Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team with colleagues
from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
Language: Fluency in English.
For more detail info about us, please visit our website : www.iom.or.id