DATABASE PROGRAMMER (NATIONAL)
(FAO-HPAI/DP/ 12/ 05-62)
Location :FAO HPAI
Project Office, 6th Floor, Directorate of Animal Health, Building C, , Jakarta., INDONESIA
Application Deadline :27-May-09
Type of Contract :Other
Languages Required : English
Duration of Initial Contract :3 months with possibility of extension
PLEASE SEND DIRECTLY APPLICATION IN LINE WITH APPLICATION PROCEDURE AS OUTLINED BELOW.
I. Organizational Context
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a United Nation agency which provides technical assistance in Indonesia.
One of our projects since 2006 provides support for the control of , in cooperation with national and regional Indonesian government
livestock authorities. Project activities are conducted in various locations
The position is Under the general supervision of the Team Leader and FAO
Representative in Indonesia,
technical supervision of the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA), and direct
supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, the Database
Programmer II will work in close collaboration with the Database Programmer,
other members of the Monitoring and Evaluation Team, and the FAO Epidemiology
Unit. The incumbent will be responsible for the design and programming of
animal disease databases for the Ministry of Agriculture / FAO Avian Influenza
Duties and Responsibilities
II. Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of keyfunctions:
* Design of relational databases, using Microsoft SQL Server and or Microsoft Access and Visual Basic 6 (or later versions), to store information from the Ministry of Agriculture / FAO Avian Influenza Control Programme and from other animal disease surveillance and control activities.
* Perform systems analysis for design of query, form and report production from the database to meet the needs of donors and disease control managers at all levels of the Avian Influenza Control Program and related DAH divisions.
* Review and advise on appropriate software for database management, data security, database queries, and automated report preparation.
* Conversion of existing data, held in MS-Access databases, for import into the new databases, including field format conversions to extract information from text fields.
* Preparation of automated reports and associated queries using Crystal Reports version 11.
* Collaboration with the GIS specialist to ensure interfacing of database data to existing spatial analysis software such as ArcMap and MapWindow
III. Impact of
The key results have an
impact on the success of FAO/ GOI Avian Influenza Control Programme
implementation in Indonesia.
* Demonstrates commitment to FAO vision, mission and values;
* Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
* Contributes effectively to team work and team outcomes;
* Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
* Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
* Ability to manage conflicting priorities and work under pressure of tight and conflicting deadlines;
* Ability to work without direct supervision;
* Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and public relation skills;
Required Skills and Experience
V. Recruitment Qualifications
* Hold a computer science degree of at least Bachelor’s level. Master’s level is preferred.
* Minimum of 4 years programming experience
* Recent experience in design and creation of SQL relational databases, including the use of Visual Studio.
* Extensive experience in design and creation of Microsoft Access relational databases, including the use of Visual Basic 6 (or later versions).
* Experience in database design in the medical or veterinary field is desirable.
Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and a good command of writing and speaking English
All applications should be addressed to Operations Support Unit Office of the FAO Representative in 11th Floor Menara Thamrin Building
Jl. M. H. Thamrin Kav 3 Jakarta 10250
Email address: FAO-ID@fao.org
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a one-page cover letter and updated
curriculum vitae (CV in English) together with complete contact details of three professional references. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted