IOM is looking for a Sub Office Administration Focal Point according to the terms of reference below. Interested applicants are invited to apply by submitting their application to hrbandaaceh@ iom.int no later than 7 May 2009 indicating the reference code below. All candidates are kindly requested to specify their availability date in the application form. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference Code : SVN/ID1/2009/ 035
Position Title : Sub Office Administration Focal Point
Duty Station : Lhokseumawe, Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam
Classification : Employee, Grade 5
Estimate Starting Date : Soon as Possible
Under the direct supervision of IOM Banda Aceh Logistics Procurement Officer for all logistical and procurement matters and to the Resource Management Officer for all financial/administr ative/HR matters respectively, the incumbent will manage office administration, logistical, procurement requirements in support to the projects /programs being implemented from the Sub Office. In particular he/she will:
1. Supervise, implement and maintain a vehicle tracking system that monitors vehicle and staff movements and utilizes available communications to regularly update locations.
2. Supervise the review of vehicle log books paying particular attention to vehicle use and fuel consumption and ensure vehicles are serviced and maintained in a timely manner.
3. Supervision of the office generator in regards to fuel usage and servicing.
4. Supervise all office support staff with drivers, security guards and cleaners reporting directly to the incumbent.
5. Ensure all IOM Sub office documentation relating to staff and security is completed in a timely manner and filed in accordance to IOM/UN requirements. This would include but no limited to Travel authorizations, security clearances and staff attendance records.
6. If required, in coordination with the BA Procurement officer, undertake local procurement of supplies and services for the office. Additionally maintain oversight of local office support agreements and expenditures especially in regards to office lease, internet provider, vehicle rental and electricity and water supply.
7. Receive and check all incoming invoices, prepare the payment request form when necessary. Verify invoices and documents submitted by suppliers and service providers and make sure that IOM’s rules and regulations are followed;
8. Process and release duly approved and authorized cash payments and bank transfers to all vendors, contractors and staff, ensuring that signed official invoices/receipts and other supporting documentation is attached to all payment requests;
9. Responsible for daily petty cash and handle petty cash and bank transactions. Keep daily financial record for all petty cash receipts and expenditures including bank transactions. Prepare accurate daily and monthly petty cash and bank reports, to be submitted to Support Unit Banda Aceh. Conduct cash and bank balancing everyday and ensure that the entire admin and financial documentation are complete;
10. Responsible for the distribution of staff attendance forms at the beginning of each month. Accomplished forms should be promptly submitted to Support Unit;
11. Count the cash regularly (every day) and prepare accurate cash certificates;
12. Maintain an efficient filing system of all financial and other supporting documents;
13. Responsible for preparing and submitting fund request for all active projects in Sub-office and follow up it until the fund is transferred to sub-office bank account;
14. Responsible for updating Sub-Office asset list and responsible for all the office assets.
15. Act as Sub Office Security Focal point and coordinate directly with IOM BA Security officer and local UN and government security officials, ensuring relevant and timely access to local security related information and adherence to security regulations.
16. Supervise and maintain a security guard roster to ensure IOM assets are adequately secured at all times.
17. Supervise and implement a communications system that utilizes available resources (cell phone, VHF & HF Radio, Sat Phone) and put into place regular reporting requirements between staff and sub office and additionally between the sub office and the Banda Aceh Sub Office.
18. Supervise and maintain a functioning staff Warden system.
19. Regularly liaise with the relevant Project Managers & Project assistants to ensure adequate planning of future project support requirements especially in regards to logistics, security and office support.
20. Maintain the office in a functioning, professional and aesthetic manner with direct supervision of cleaning staff and office spatial planning.
21. Perform other duties as required.
University degree in a relevant field. At least 3-5 years experience in similar field of work , especially previous experience working in admin and finance section of Humanitarian aid(an established working record with IOM would be looked at favorably). Knowledge in assisting emergency operations activities.
Proven ability and experience in liaising with UN, Government Departments/ Authorities and other aid organizations. Experience in preparing official documentation relating to procurement, administration, finance and security. Proficient in general computer skills. Proven effective organizational skills and abilities to establish priorities and plans, ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines, proven communication skills, good interpersonal skills, high loyalty and ability to work in a team to achieve the same end result.
Thorough knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia and English required.