Red Cross (CRC) is implementing a major community-based
reconstruction and rehabilitation program with the primary focus on shelter
construction project in Aceh Besar, Lamno, Calang and Nias for beneficiaries
affected by Tsunami of December 26, 2004 and earthquake of March 28, 2007.
We are also implementing Livelihood, Environmental Health and Disaster
Preparedness Management programs to help families and communities to improve
their live quality. We are looking for qualified and committed candidates
to fill the following position:
Senior - Defects & Liabilities based in Lamno
Senior Technical Advisor - Defects & Liabilities based in Calang
Summary of Responsibilities
To assist the CRC NAD PMU Manager - Defects & Liabilities Period in
monitoring the Defects Liability Period in the regions where is working (Aceh besar, Lamno and Calang) to assure Contractor(s) and
Engineering Consulting Firm(s) (ECF) adherence to contractual obligations
including but not limited to:
* Tracking beneficiary dwelling warranty
qualification by date, pertinent identification numbers, location,
actionable items, and Work Order.
* Monitoring to assure quality and
timeliness of remedial works.
* Inspection of materials for previously
approved source and methods of work.
* Formatting, posting, and tracking of
relevant DLP data.
* Liaising with CRC Field Managers and
Community Engagement staff to facilitate DLP activities and beneficiary
* Monitoring performance of technical
* Reviewing and remarking on ECF and
Contractor work plans.
* Organize and conduct 'socialization'
events for the benefit of beneficiary comprehension of issues relevant to
their dwelling units.
* Compose and produce reports, charts, and
graphs to illustrate key data relevant to performance, quality, frequency,
timeliness, and other indicators of DLP
* To perform other duties and assignments
that the DLP Manager may reasonably require
Minimum required knowledge & experience
* 10 years experience in the same field;
* Master Degree of educational level in related field;
* Advanced level of English Language Skill;
* Very good computer literate - MS Word, Excel, Outlook and
Please Notice: Applications should be sent to recruitment. id@redcross. ca
quoting the Ref code as the subject of the e-mail and indicating the Job
title on the covering letter and the attachment should not exceed 200 Kb.
Only candidate meeting the Essential Qualifications will be considered.
Applications must be received by Friday, May 15, 2009 Canadian Red Cross
gives an equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender, religion,
or political affiliations.