INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
IOM is looking for Administrative and Finance Assistant I according
to the terms of reference below.. Interested applicants are invited to apply by
submitting their application to hrbandaaceh@ iom.int not later than 15 April 2009 indicating the reference code below and job title. All candidates are requested
to specify their availability date in the application form. Please note that
only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference Code : SVN/IDI/2009/ 029
Job Title : Administrative and Finance Assistant I
Duty Station :
, Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam, Indonesia
Employee, Grade 4
Duration Contract :
Temporary 3.5 months with possible extension until 4 months
Estimate Starting Date :
Soon as possible
Under the direct supervision of the DDR Support Unit
and the overall supervision of the Resources Management Officer (RMO) in Banda
Aceh the incumbent will be responsible for all administrative and finance of
the said project in a designated field office. In particular he/she will:
1. Receive and check all incoming invoices, prepare the payment request forms .
invoices and documents submitted by suppliers and service providers and make
sure that IOM’s rules and regulations
1. Process and release duly approved and authorized cash payments and bank transfers to all vendors, contractors and staff, ensuring that signed official invoices/receipts and other supporting documentation is attached to all payment request and follow up until it’s transferred to vendor’s account
2. Verify and review weekly financial reports from sub offices before preparing funding request for next month based on Cash Certificate and Bank Statement in the sub office, make sure it’s transferred and coordinate with transport dept. on cheque delivery.
3. Responsible for tracking all payments as well as outstanding commitments up date.
4. Ensure that PRF logbooks, ICRS office asset and DDR Staff movement are up to date
5. Coordinate with other DDR Support Unit staff in following up all issues submitted from sub offices
6. Assist and support DDR team in Banda Aceh and field offices for administrative finance and logistic in daily basis.
7. Maintain an efficient filing system of all financial and other supporting documents.
8. Responsible for preparing and submitting fund request, and follow up it until the fund is transferred to ICRS bank account.
9. Perform any other duties as may be assigned. .
University degree in Accounting or alternatively,
a combination of relevant training and experience. Minimum two years experience
in administration and finance. A previous
experience working with international agency or relevant private sector
experience is an advantage.
Knowledge, skills and ability to extract, interpret, analyze
and process financial data. Effective
organizational skills and ability to establish priorities and plans, ability to
work under pressure and cope with deadlines. Good written and spoken
communications skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a
Willing to work anywhere within Aceh.
Motivated to engage in peace-building activities. Spot check/audit skills and
experience preferred. Proficient in MSOffice applications. Flexible and able to
work under pressure within tight deadlines.
and strong ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra
hours Ability to work with minimum supervision.
knowledge of English. Other Acehnese languages are advantage.