Immediate Vacancy for Programme Officer
Danish Red Cross (DRC) in co-operation with Palang Merah Indonesia (PMI)
and the (IFRC) is at present implementing
Integrated Community Based Risk Reduction (ICBRR) programme in 11 districts in .
DRC requires a Semarang based Programme
Officer to handle the expansion of our ICBRR programme in Central Java and
assist in the implementation of the ongoing programme activities in DIY Jogjakarta. DRC is looking for an experienced multitasker
person to join our & Central Java team.
Officer shall report directly to the DRC ICBRR Programme
Manager. The Programme Officer will be undertaking the following tasks:
Key tasks and responsibilities
1. Assist the ICBRR DRC delegate in all
administrative office works related to ICBRR, encoding of data, and preparation
of financial and accomplishment reports.
2. Assist the ICBRR delegate in the translations
from to English and vice versa during meetings, forums,
trainings and in making of reports.
3. In coordination with the ICBRR delegate will
liaise with PMI chapters and branches to ensure timely and effective operation
of the programme.
4. Will prepare activity and accomplishment reports
to be presented during the weekly IFRC coordination meeting in Jogjakarta.
5. Document minutes of meetings and output of
6. Mentor and train volunteers in accordance with the
PMI training standards.
7. Assist the DRC delegate in the monitoring and
evaluation activities of the programme.
8. Regularly provide ICBRR delegate updates on the programme
1. University graduate. In what field that we
require? In Social Works and Community Development (less required)
2. Can effectively facilitate trainings and
3. Can prepare activity plans and make programme
accomplishment reports. (to be deleted already stated in number 1 above)
4. Red Cross & Red Crescent experience is
5. The candidate must have very good computer skills
(Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
6. He/she must be a good team worker as well as being
a “self starter” and able to work independently.
7. Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia, verbal
8. Ability to communicate clearly and
diplomatically with stakeholders
9. Ability to travel (monitor and trainings)
Salary: According to IFRC standard for Indonesian staff.
Start date: As soon as possible
Duration of contract: Initially three months probation with the
possibility of extension.
Please send application,
in English, together with CV and salary expectation to:
Danish Red Cross Programme Office
Gedung Palang Merah Indonesia
Jln. Gatot Subroto Kav 96, Jakarta
Or, email to: email@example.com
Closing date: 15 April 2009