Position: Programme Manager – Watsan Emergency Reponse
: Spanish Red Cross Indonesia – PMI
Reporting: SRC Country Representative
Location: Bandung -
Starting Date: 01st May 2009
1. Description of the program
(ERU) Watsan is an IFRC standard mechanism for Emergency Water Distribution and Sanitation which includes the system, logistic support, budget, equipment and personnel, to attend big scale disaster situations.
After Aceh and Nias tsunami operations some Watsan ERU equipments were handed over to the .
ERT WatSan PMI was established in 2006, with base in Bandung, to operate these Watsan equipments in Indonesia under PMI NHQ. The ERU WatSan Strategy was as a result adapted. Based on the experience of overcoming types of disaster in Indonesia, PMI conditions, geographical, topographical and demographical characteristics of Indonesia, it was considered that the standard and operation procedures of this ERU Watsan should be re-arranged and adapted to operate efficiently and effectively according to Indonesian's context.
The aim of the program is to strengthen PMI capacities and especially the ERT team in order to be able to attend emergencies within Indonesia.
2. Description of the post
Responsible of the correct implementation of the Spanish Red Cross (SRC) projects aimed to strengthen the Indonesian Red Cross (PMI) Capacities in and Management in the area of Water and Sanitation.
Identification of new projects and initiatives to support the PMI (ERT) for Water and Sanitation.
3. Duties and Responsibilities
· Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent principles with integrity by modelling the RC/RC values and attitudes to promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the RC/RC
Proactively work towards the achievement of the organization goals through effective managerial and lateral relations and teamwork.
There will be occasions when he/she is asked to carry out additional tasks outside of these duties for variety of reasons due to the nature of humanitarian work in which SRC is engaged. As a SRC staff, s/he is expected to carry out these additional tasks willingly and responsibly to the best of her/his abilities.
3.2. Specific Duties/Responsibili ties.
Under the direct supervision of the SRC Country Representative (CR), s/he is responsible for the following key tasks.
1. Support the Indonesian Red Cross (PMI) in the correct achievement of the SRC/ PMI projects aimed to strengthen the PMI Capacities in Disaster Preparedness and Management in the area of Water and Sanitation.
· Technical and economical management of the project, according to the Spanish Red Cross regulations.
· Reporting to SRC Country Representative and SRC HQ in Madrid.
· In close coordination with the SRC Administration Team, supervise the correct use of the donated funds, budget follow up and economical justification of the project; following the SRC Manual for Economical Justification and PMI regulations.
· Responsible of the technical justification of the project (Sources of Verification)
· Accomplishment of the commitments established in the Project Agreement signed between SRC and PMI.
· Monitoring the adequate execution of PMI ERT trainings for volunteers. Supporting the elaboration and execution of PMI Training Plan 2009-10.
· Monitoring the adequate maintenance of the PMI Watsan equipments and facilities.
· Support the update of PMI Standard Operational Protocols in both regional and national level.
· Monitor and support the step by step regionalization of some of the Watsan equipment that will be mobilize to other areas of Indonesia.
· Strengthening ERT in Indonesia. Motivation and capacity building.
· Identification and accomplishment of an strategy for project sustainability.
· Coordination and cooperation with the PMI Divisions involved in the program (especially the Health and Social Services Division) and other PMI partners.
Identification of new projects and initiatives to continue the support to PMI regarding Water and Sanitation if necessary.
Required Qualifications and Professional Skills:
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially WORD and EXCEL.
Ability to perform task on the deadlines.
Knowledge of the Logical Framework and Cycle Management methodology.
Experience of working with International NGO or agency.
Previous Emergency and Watsan experience is an important asset.
Excellent working knowledge of English.
Strong interpersonal skills, including diplomacy
Capacity to keep confidential information.
Willingness to travel.
Previous experience with Red Cross PNS is an asset
Please submit your application and latest CV (not more than 100 kb) under reference “WATSAN RESPONSE - JKT” to: src.recruitment@ gmail.com or by post to IFRC – Spanish Red Cross, Wisma Aldiron Dirgantara 1st Floor Suite 107-109, Jl. Gatot Subroto Kav. 72, Jakarta 12780. Write the title and position code as the email subject or on the top left hand corner of the envelope. Applications submitted after April 12, 2009 will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be called for further recruitment process. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.