Indonesia is an international working in relief, development, and refugee assistance in various locations in Indonesia. CWS is searching for a Program Officer Education for our Jakarta office or Cipayung. We offer a friendly working environment with a commitment to ensure diversity and gender equity within our organization.
Program Officer – Education (PO EDU)
The Program Officer position is required to assist the implementation Protecting Urban Refugee Project (PURE) in Jakarta. The Program Officer should report to the Team Leader for all types of reporting and communication concerning the project. The position also requires coordination/ communication with local counterparts and CWS Accounting and Administration Staff. It also requires managerial, administration and documentation skills needed to improve and strengthen the work of local partners. Travel for monitoring is required. An ability to be flexible in working with local counterparts and as part of a “team” is essential. A good understanding of development and social issues within the Indonesian context is highly desirable.
- Having degree in Social Subject.
- Minimal 2 years experiences in similar position
- An extensive skill in writing, reporting, and documenting is essential.
- Able to work as a team and independently
- Ability to work with community and local government
- Having an understanding of discrimination and its effects.
- Possessing , including internet communication/ research and various office
applications (Microsoft Words, Excel and Power Point)
- Having the ability to work in a team and harmoniously in a multi-cultural environment
- Willing to travel to project site and to be based on project site (Cipayung, West Java)
- Speak and write English and is a must
- Should have the ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholder (local NGO, local government and beneficiaries)
- Able to work
independently with minimum supervision and to handle multi tasking jobs
- Having experience in working with INGO or international environment is beneficial
- Willing to work extra hours and travel to the beneficiaries’ locations as needed
Applications should include a covering letter, reflecting motivation; a CV, Including three or more references; expected nett salary and contact number at the latest by May 1, 2009. Please send applications in (maximum 200KB) to luluscahyani@ cwsindonesia. or.id or fax to: 021 71793387