IOM is looking for Procurement and Logistic Assistant I according to the terms of reference below. Interested applicants are invited to apply by submitting their application to hrbandaaceh@ iom.int no later than 23 April 2009 indicating the reference code below and job title apply for. All candidates are kindly requested to specify their availability date in the application form. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference Code : SVN/IDI/2009/ 031
Job Title : Procurement and Logistic Assistant I
Duty Station : Banda Aceh, Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam, Indonesia
Classification : Employee, Grade 4
Type of Contract : Special All Inclusive 3 months with possible extension
Estimate Starting Date : Soon as possible
Under the direct supervision of Senior Procurement/ Logistics Assistant and Procurement and and the overall supervision of the , the Procurement and Logistics Assistant (Assets) is responsible for organizing procurement activities including obtaining quotations, tendering, purchase and delivery of office supplies, materials and equipment. He/she will also be tasked to provide project logistics support for the following:
1. Coordinate and assist procurement, logistics and assets management. The tasks include:
· Upon receiving request for purchase of equipment and/or office supplies (with specifications) from requestor, to secures approval (signatures) before proceeding with procurement.
· To ensure that the project codes, account codes and budget lines have been determined.
· Acting as Assets Focal Point for received goods/materials and supplies.
· Ensure that all assets are received in good condition, certify that the supplies are appropriate and in accordance to the specifications required, as indicated in the order form.
· Update and record all assets in the IOM Data Base in timely manner.
· Maintain and update the warehouse records and carryoutperiodic checks of stores/ warehouse to ensure that stock records are properly maintained;
· Liaise with the IOM field offices on all materials/goods distribution, organize transport and timely delivery.
· Maintain records in PRISM and update the IOM global assets list.
· Act as focal point for IOM Banda Aceh and the field offices for all lease agreements for premises and vehicles.
· Maintain cash book and coordinate with finance department that all invoices are paid in timely manner and as per the IOM rules and regulations.
· Maintain records of all transactions, ensuring that an efficient filing system for records of all quotations, copies of records of expenditure, receipts, local order forms, etc are kept.
· Liaise closely with the finance section concerning payment of procured and delivered goods.
2. Ensure that the proper IOM procurement guidelines, procedures and standards for follow up, canvassing, bidding, ordering, and stock keeping are strictly adhered to.
3.. Liaise with the transportation section regarding receipts and dispatched goods. Ensure that the paper works in filling up gas is completed and in accordance to the established regulations of the organization.
4. Conduct regular warehousing checks and keep the supervisor informed.
5. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Diploma in Business Administration, Management or alternatively, a combination of related education and experience in this field. At least one to three years experience in administration, procurement and logistics.
Must have strong analytical, planning and people management skills. Ability to prepare clear and concise reports. Proficient in computer applications.
Must have excellent communication skills. Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity, creative thinking. Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional background.
Thorough knowledge of English.