IOM is looking for Administrative Assistant to the Head of Office Banda Acehaccording to the terms of reference below. Interested applicants are invited to apply by submitting their application to hrbandaaceh@ iom.int not later than 7 May 2009 indicating the reference code below and job title. All candidates are requested to specify their availability date in the application form. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference Code : SVN/IDI/2009/ 34
Position Title : Administrative Assistant to the Head of Office
Duty Station : Banda Aceh, Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam,
Classification : Employee, Grade 5 Step 1
Estimated Starting Date :As soon as possible
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Office (HoO) in Banda Aceh, the successful candidate will provide administrative assistance to the HoO. He/she will perform the following functions:
1. Assist the HoO in monitoring of Banda Aceh programmers and operation, as well as assist in undertaking initiatives toward the promotion of IOM image and activities in the region.
2. Provide simultaneous translation/ interpretation form Indonesian into English and vice-versa to the HoO Banda Aceh at all designated formal and informal meetings. In the course of carrying out these tasks, he/she will ensure that information exchanged in the course of interpretation and translations during these meetings are complete and free of distortion.
3. Translate documents, articles and data collected which are relevant to the work of the Banda Aceh office and to IOM, in general. Maintain security and confidentiality of information and documents.
4. Draft routine correspondence in connection with the projects and activities in Banda Aceh office.
5. Assist in the planning, coordination and arrangement of events such as seminars/conference s, meetings, presentations, including travel and hotel arrangements, and trip itineraries, when necessary.
6. Responsible for IOM Banda Aceh’s archives and filing of relevant documents such as contracts; correspondence coming in and out from the HoO office.
7. facilitate contacts between the HoO and other staff based in Banda Aceh or staff visiting the field offices and/or other parties as deemed necessary in the course of the work;
8. accompany HoO Banda Aceh on visits to the project field areas of other location, provide interpretation and translation to IOM missions during assessment, fact finding or other work related trips within, and when necessary, outside the province;
9. Prepare and compile briefing/advocacy materials for donors, partners and international/ local interlocutors.
10. Participate in official meetings and undertake travel as required.
11. receive, screen and register calls and mails for the office and forward it to the persons concerned
12. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Diploma in Secretarial Administration, or alternatively, a combination of relevant training and experience in this kind of work. Five years of experience in administration and secretarial work. Previous experience as translator/interpre ter is a must.
Proven ability to interact effectively with government official/local authorities. Excellent drafting ability and communication skills, both oral and written. Demonstrated ability to work in multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different nationalities and cultural background. High sense of responsibility, strong organizational skills.
Experience in areas related to the work of humanitarian matters and previous work experience with UN/International organization is a distinct advantage.
Thorough knowledge of English.