Thursday, April 30, 2009
Vacancy - ICBRR : Officer Based in Nias
reconstruction and rehabilitation program with the primary focus on shelter
construction project in Aceh Besar, Lamno, Calang and Nias for beneficiaries
affected by Tsunami of December 26, 2004 and earthquake of March 28, 2005.
We are also implementing Livelihood, Environmental Health and Disaster
Preparedness Management programs to help families and communities to improve
their quality of life. We are looking for qualified and committed
candidates to fill the following position on a fixed term contract basis.
ICBRR Officer (Ref Code: ICBRRO)
Based in Nias
Minimum Required Experience and Knowledge:
* At least Bachelor's degree in any fields of development studies;
* Good writing and communication skill in English & Bahasa;
* Good leadership, supervisory & management skill;
* Good knowledge on geographic and environment of the area of
* Excellent knowledge of (Windows, Excel, Power
* At least two years of field experience. Previous experience in the
relevant field or community approach (RCRC experience will be treated as an
* Experience of participatory assessment, program planning and
management including financial management.
* Experience of writing progress reports
This position will support the Palang Merah Indonesia (PMI) and the Canadian
Red Cross Field Teams for:
1. The implementation of the integrated community-based disaster risk
reduction (ICBRR) program in the targeted communities in Nias where Canadian
Red Cross is rebuilding houses.
2. the facilitation of the integrating ICBRR programs into CRC sector
programs such as Livelihoods, environmental health and shelter
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Area Field Manager/Head of
Sub-Office and the technical supervision of DRR , the ICBRR
Officer will provide assistance to socialize, facilitate, supervise,
coordinate and implement all disaster risk reduction program activities
including community capacity building on disaster preparedness and Hazard,
vulnerability and capacity assessment (HVCA), community disaster planning,
plan implementation, community-based early warning system/emergency
communication, school disaster risk reduction and the capacity building of
1. Facilitate and Assist the formation of community-based action teams
(CBATs) in the area of assignment.
2. Provide support in the Hazard, Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment
(HVCA), community disaster planning and implementation of the community
based disaster risk reduction plans in the area of assignment.
3. Provide support to implement community based early warning system
and school disaster risk reduction activities in selected communities and
4. Carry out activities to enhance planning and management capacities
of PMI officials at branch and sub-branch levels.
5. Maintain liaison with other partners, GO and NGOs for
collecting/sharing information in the assigned area;
6. Facilitate different workshop/training program in local language;
7. Keep all records up to date and file in a proper and efficient
8. Facilitate relationship building and communications relating to
ICBRR activities between the CRC field office and the PMI at branch and
9. Support CRC field team and PMI-DM team in terms of program
expenditures and reporting as per CRC financial procedure;
10. Assist the Field Area Manager in any technical aspects of ICBRR
11. Support PMI chapter and branch offices to prepare financial and
technical proposals for the implementation of program activities.
12. Establish and support the link of PMI ICBRR activities to CRC
housing, livelihoods and water and sanitation programs.
13. Support the networking efforts by liaising and coordinating with
community and district level NGOs, PNSs, and the organizations to ensure
that effective working relationships and information sharing channels at
community or district level with the are maintained.
14. Draft correspondence letters and weekly/monthly progress reports, as
15. Provide technical assistance to other CRC sectors as required
16. Provide translation or interpretation as required in the field.
17. Prepare written report of the program activities in the field of
18. Undertake other duties that may be assigned from time to time which
are commensurate to the position.
* Apply the security rules at all times
* Respect and observe the staff regulations of the CRC in Indonesia
* Respect and observe the code of conduct of CRC in Indonesia
* The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in
this job description as well as to provide support to other department when
Please Notice: Applications should be sent to recruitment. id@redcross. ca
quoting the Ref code as the subject of the e-mail and indicating the Job
title on the covering letter and the attachment should not exceed 200 Kb.
Only candidate meeting the Essential Qualifications will be considered.
Applications must be received by Friday, 8 may 2009. Canadian Red Cross
gives an equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender, religion,
or political affiliations.