ACTED (Agency for Technical Co-operation and Development) is anParis. ACTED provides relief to victims of conflict and natural disasters as well as local vulnerable populations. Its activities range from emergency relief tofounded in 1993 and headquartered in
long-term development projects. In 2004, ACTED implemented 160 projects in seventeen countries in Africa, Central Asia, Europe, Latin America and the .
The 26 December 2004 tsunami caused numerous losses of lives and tremendous damage in Northern Sumatra and Aceh province in particular. ACTED responded to this disaster by launching emergency and post-emergency programs targeting IDPs, returnees and local vulnerable populations, with a focus on Meulaboh region, and more recently on Nias island. Current sectors of intervention are road project to connecting Moro'o sub district to Tugala
Oyo sub district and livelihood project in Lahewa, Lahewa Timur, Afulu sub district and also in Meulaboh, NAD.
Now, ACTED is looking position for Reporting Officer,
Department : Reporting
Position : Reporting Officer
Person In charge : Reporting Manager
Starting : 01 May 2009
Duration : 6 months renewable
The Reporting officer ensures the production of timely reports for the Reporting/AMEU Manager as well as the Country Director.
He/she assists the Reporting Manager as well as the Country Director in
developing a country , both internal and external.
He/She is in charge of maintaining an in-depth insight on donors and other
stakeholders strategies, activities and opportunities in-country, in line
with ACTED's overall programme strategy.
Reporting Officer responsibilities are include:
1. Ensuring the Production of Timely, Accurate and Analytical Reports for
the Reporting Manager
- Understand and disseminate Donors guidelines ;
- Liaise regularly with Area Coordinators, Programme Managers and
technical staff to ensure the production of quality reports across areas and
- Work in close relation with AME Department to develop and
incorporate more solid monitoring and evaluation components in reports;
- Work in close relation with Finances Department to ensure greater
coherence between financial and narrative reports, and ensure steady cash
inflow based on the timeliness and quality of report submissions.
2. Developing Internal Coordination and Communication mechanisms
- In relation with the Reporting Manager, ensure that all meetings are
held and documented (capital coordination meetings, area coordination
meetings, weekly base meetings, monthly programming board meetings,
quarterly country coordination meetings);
- Ensure in particular that reporting guidelines, formats, philosophy,
deadlines for each project and donor is communicated clearly and
standardized across the country for new and on-going projects;
- Follow-up meetings at the field level and/or in the capital, between
the bases and between the Country Managers;
- Draft agenda and minutes of country-wide meetings.
3. Developing an External Communication Strategy
- Participate in ACTED Global communication strategy by providing
regular informal updates on projects, by sending pictures and articles on
projects progress and/or specific events for ACTED Newsletter and Annual
- Identifying sources of funding for a more cohesive public
information strategy in-country.
- Define the main target groups, activities, resources and
partnerships needed, by notably maintaining a high level of information and
understanding of donors strategy and possible partnerships
- Ensure continuum of PR activities, updating project-specific and
regional fact sheets and documenting publications featuring ACTED in the
- Provide ACTED Global with full information on projects whenever
4. Assisting the Reporting Manager in developing project proposals,
addressing ad hoc donor requests or catalysing actions on specific projects
or components of projects
Reporting Officer will be appraised on his/her demonstration of the
qualities and competencies listed below as well as from carrying out of
his/her over all duties.
* Diplomacy is required for all interactions. This includes following
the chain of command and never circumventing the program and AME managers'
authority in terms of advising, reporting, and the like.
* Good command of computer, including Spreadsheet, Word. In case other
software are needed to be used but unknown to him/her, the Database Entry
Officer should have the capacity to learn them quickly, with the support of
the Database Manager
* Honesty, forthrightness, and clear reporting are absolutely
* Have previous experiences in journalism will be an advantage.
* Willingness to learn is imperative.
* Good organizational and communication skills with donors,
international nongovernmental organization, Indonesia Government and the
* Very good command in English both spoken and written.
* Salary starting from IDR 7.000.000,- depending on experiences.
For people from outside intervention area :
- Free Housing
- IDR 300.000,- for food allowances
- Flight return ticket when the first and the last joint with ACTED
- Flight ticket every 6 months
Please submit Your application letter and CV to
Closing date : 24/April/2009