Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to hrjakarta@iom. int
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference No : SVN/ID10/2009/ 032
Position Title : Project Coordinator- for thePandemic preparedness for Migrants and Host Communities in Indonesia
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade 6
Duty Station : Jakarta - Indonesia
Type & duration of contract : Special All Inclusive, 3 months with
possibility of extension.
Summary of Post:
IOM is contributing to the global fight against Avian and Human Influenza (AHI) pandemic preparedness through its participation in the UN System and Partners' Avian and Human Influenza (AHI) consolidated action plan. While many countries at national and community levels have responded to the threat of avian influenza in varying degrades, but attention to the migrants population and cross border areas and the people who live, work and move through them has not been sufficiently addressed in pandemic preparedness strategies. Some national strategies
have identified cross border areas as an issue of importance in avian influenza transmission. However, the specific needs of migrants, cross border communities as well as the pandemic preparedness capacity of border control and public health officers warrant further attention.
Through the `Pandemic Preparedness for Migrants and Host Communities Project", IOM through its missions in Indonesia in collaboration with UN Agencies, government partners and other stakeholders will implement activities to raise to strengthen migrant community pandemic preparedness within the UN Consolidated Action Plan's Objective 6 (including objectives 3 & 5).
Under the overall administrative supervision of the Chief of the IOM Mission in Indonesia, the direct technical supervision of the Senior Migration Health Adviser and direct supervision of the Senior Migration Health Physician - the Project Coordinator will contribute to the development, coordination and implementation of all relevant project activities in the respective provinces for the Pandemic Preparedness Project for migrants and host community in Indonesia. In particular he/she will :
1. Assist and coordinate the design and implementation activities of the project in the respective provinces with the collection and provision of necessary information and assist in planning, organizing and developing all aspects of the activities within the pandemic preparedness for migrants and host communities project.
2. Assist and coordinate in managing, monitoring, oversight and support of the timely implementation of project activities and keep the Senior Migration Health Adviser and Senior Migration Health Physician informed on the status of implementation of each activity.
3. Design and conduct situational analyses to ascertain the level of pandemic preparedness and knowledge in selected migrants and host communities, civil society, public health authorities and among border control personnel.
4. Facilitate redesign, reproduction and distribution of existing EIC materials to government staff working with migrants and host communities.
5. Develop, delivery and implement training and social mobilization activities to strengthen the pandemic preparedness in migrant and host communities among border control personnel (based on situational analysis and training strategies already used within IOM),
6. Identify other opportunities that may arise from the project offices in the field to ensure the accomplishment of program objectives.
7. Monitor and evaluate the improvement of the planning, programming, implementation of the activities and document implementation of activities.
8. Organize consultative meetings and workshops for government partners/ UN agencies, and other stake holders.
9. Establish and maintain relations with relevant governmental, non-governmental entities as well as other international organizations, UN Agencies and local NGOs related to project activities.
10. Prepare and submit monthly progress reports in a timely manner.
11. Prepare correspondence, reports, electronic presentations, other resource and research materials in Bahasa Indonesia Arabic and English.
12. Assists the accountant in preparing expenditure reports to
maintain the smooth implementation of the project activities.
13. Assist with verbal interpretations and accurate written translations as required from English to Bahasa Indonesia, Arabic and Bahasa Indonesia, Arabic to English.
14. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Desirable Qualifications :
· University degree in public health, mass communication or relevant disciplines in social sciences like education, anthropology, psychology or sociology.
· Previous experience in: development and facilitation capacity building training and workshop for community health workers and
in research methodologies particularly in qualitative data collection analysis and report writing.
· Experienced in liaising with government officials and non-government organizations, report writing and working with vulnerable populations/ migrants.
· Excellent communication skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility.
· Highly organized and able to pay attention to details.
· Well developed skills in the Microsoft Office programs, especially Word and Excel.
· Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team with colleagues of varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Substantial experience in verbal and written translation from Bahasa Indonesia, Arabic, to English and English to Bahasa Indonesia and Arabic.
· Willingness to travel and to work under difficult conditions
For more detail info about us, please visit our wesbite : www.iom.or.id