International Federation Red Cross and tsunami affected countries in Asia and East Africa in collaboration with Red Cross and non-Red Cross partners. Please visit www.redcross. org/tsunamirelie f( IFRC ) on behalf of Recovery Program (TRP) had been established to direct the organization’s response to the South Asia tsunami disaster. The TRP activities focus on integrated community recovery and preparedness interventions in
The Indonesia TRP Delegation operates from offices in Banda Aceh, Calang, Lamno. It also has liaison offices in Jakarta, and other areas in province in collaboration with the Indonesian Red Cross.
We are seeking dynamic individuals to fill the :
POSITION : Deputy M & E Manager
No of Hired : 1 Person
Base of Assignment : Banda Aceh
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duties and Responsibilities:
· To comply with the overall approach to of the TRP and support the Indonesian programme in implementing the M&E requirements at each stage of the project cycle.
· Create and maintain contacts with PMI-NAD and other national programs by participating in meetings and forums relating to monitoring and evaluation
· Assist PMI-NAD staff, management, consultants, partners and other interested parties to gain access to M&E related information as well as the improvement of ARC’s M&E system and service delivery to stakeholders
· Assist the ARC M&E Delegate, as required on all aspects of assessments, capacity building baseline/end line surveys, evaluations and other specific tasks.
· Facilitate capacity building at PMI-NAD Branch levels and ARC staff in effective monitoring and evaluation and implementation of M&E plans and reporting requirements.
· Ensure the data quality of the ARC projects and PMI-NAD branches through regular field tests and close coordination with the PM, M&E staff and Data Base administrator.
· Facilitate and support the ARC M&E Delegate in development, maintenance and management of the database, and ensuring data integrity and security for effective Monitoring and Evaluation and decision making
· Manage the direct report
· Prepare field reports and draft progress reports regularly
· Undertake any other relevant duty as might be required from time to time
· A Graduate Degree, or equivalent, in a social sciences discipline (economics, development, psychology or economics). A graduate degree preferred
· Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
· Ability to relate to stakeholders across all levels
· Good time and stress management skills
· Commitment and motivation
· Excellent command on MS Office package and good understanding of Data base application
· Excellent command of the English language with exceptional writing and communication skills, and full computer literacy
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae to hr@amredcross. org put Job title in Subject line. Only applications in English and short listed candidates will be notified. Applications submitted after April 24, 2009 will not be considered. Female candidates are encouraged to apply