CARE International Indonesia (CII), as an international NGO, has carried out large scale operations in Indonesia, encompassing emergency operations, transitional activities centered on agriculture and nutrition and a range of development initiatives in such areas as , health and micro-credit.
CARE in West Timor is currently recruiting the following positions for its project:
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER (APM)
The position is responsible to assist the project manager in the management, and implementation of the infant and young child feeding project of CARE to create an enabling environment for mothers in Indonesia. The project is being implemented in TTU and Belu districts of Nusa Tenggara Timur Province, in a targeted 23 villages.
In the occasion where the project manager is not on the filed, s/he resumes direct responsibility for field management and supervision.
As all of the PRIMA BINA team, the position will be supported by CARE Indonesia headquarter team, Window of Opportunity team in CARE US.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
With the support of the PM, the APM supportivise the regarding activity planning and implementation.
Indirectly supportivise the performance of the community facilitator by supporting the project officer; be involved in their appraisal.
Assist the Project Manager in preparing detailed activity and budget plan determined in the workplan..
Monitor the implementation of field activities and provide input to project manager.
Support PM in the recruitment process for PRIMA BINA staff as provided in the project structure.
Review advances request within authorized financial limit.
Develop, provide input to PM, and plan internal thematic refresher exercise, and other capacity building for PRIMA BINA staff to improve the quality of community engagement.
Explore possibilities with partners of collaborative capacity building around breastfeeding promotion, protection and support in NTT.
Network Development and Maintenance
Together with the PM and PO, expand and maintain network with local governance (i.e. government, public and private practitioners, other agencies local and international) that would allow PRIMA BINA to develop and strengthen communicative environment for every mothers.
In coordination with the PM, attend/participate in events/meetings of collaborative effort to promote, protect, and support infant and young shild feeding in NTT.
In coordination with the PM, develop and plan local partners collaborative effort to promote, protect, and support infant and young shild feeding in NTT.
Provide brief networking/partners hip update to PM and Health Program Leader in headquarter.
Recording and Reporting
Ensure the documentation of project activities and supporting data to keep track of project outcomes.
Through coordination with the project officer, compile the monthly and/or quarterly reports on community engagement provided by community facilitators. .
Highlight human interest stories and flag it to PM and Communication Unit in CARE Indonesia headquarter.
Help the field team prepare the quarterly reports to be submitted to Health Program Leader.
- University graduate (S1 degree) in public health, and/or related sciences,
- Proven exposure to , preferably in infant and young child feeding
- Have been trained in 40hours WHO/UNICEF BFC is an advantage
- Have 2 years experience in reputed international NGO/agencies in the field of
- have been exposed to maternal and child health system in Indonesia
- Demonstrate ability to develop network.
- Demonstrate aspects of program management and organization
- Demonstrate comprehension of monitoring and evaluation as integrated part of program implementation.
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate aspects and understanding of project management skill and cycle
- Fluent in spoken and written Indonesian and English
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding or familiarity with qualitative study designs and methods (e.g. Formative research, KPC, KAP, FGD, PLA, etc)
- Strong analytical thinking and skills
- Proficient computer skill (MS office application)
TERMS OF OFFER:
CARE is an offering a competitive salary and benefits package, and a collegial working environment. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above positions, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone, fax numbers and email address). Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and Diplomas.
Please submit your applications before 17th April 2009 to
CARE International Indonesia, Human Resources Unit:
recruit_308@ careind.or. id
“Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted”