SERASI is a USAID funded project which supports Indonesia’s continuing evolution into a peaceful, just and democratic nation with respect for pluralism and protection of human rights for all citizens, accomplished through rapid and flexible programmatic, administrative and logistical support for USAID’s strategic grants and technical assistance program to mitigate social conflict and support peacebuilding initiatives nationwide. Our program currently includes activities planned for Aceh, Papua, Sulawesi, and the Malukus. SERASI is implemented by the International Relief and Develop (IRD), an international non-profit organization in Indonesia. SERASI seeks individuals for the position of :
Title : SERASI Grants Officer
Department : Grants
:Field Office Program Manager/Grants Manager
Location : Palu
General Description of Role:
The Grants Officer is responsible for implementing the overall grants activities for SERASI field office. And for ensuring that adequate and appropriate are in place to meet grants procedure and guidelines.
1. Contribute to the improvements of grants manual and the formulation of grants guidelines;
2. Undertake all substantive grant related activities for all SERASI grants once they are signed;
3. Ensure grantee compliance for program elements and for financial transaction against budgets;
4. Provide support and technical assistance needed by grantee to comply with grants requirement;
5. Work closely with Financial section and procurement section to ensure good procurement and to monitor overall budget and expenditure;
6. Prepare financial analyses and program spending and gathered all data in PBMS format to be given and reported to the Grants Manager;
7. Act as a member of the Grants Selection Committee;
8. Work closely with M and E colleagues to ensure grantees report against agreed-on indicators;
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Grants Manager/Field Office Program Manager.
Minimum diploma degree in relevant field is required (relevant experience may substitute the degree). Minimum 3 years working experiences in a similar position in an NGO or an international organization is preferred. Having knowledge, understanding, and application of rules and regulations to the execution of grants, and contracts to grantee.
Having knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
Outstanding financial analysis or accounting skills; thorough knowledge of Excel for accounting/reconcil iation purposes.
Able to communicate fluently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
Strong analytical and organizations skills, including extreme attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet competing deadlines.
Demonstrated experience with financial reporting and monitoring of large amounts of grant funds.
Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment with regard to budget and program issues.
Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiations skills, including the ability to interact effectively and diplomatically with all staff and grantee
Flexibility and ability to work in a team approach in implementing project tasks, responsibilities and goals.
Must have a willingness to travel to SERASI field offices for business purposes. Must also have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
“If you meet the minimum requirements and are interested in apploying, you MUST submit your CV electronically. To do so, visit www.ird.or.id and select “Careers.” Then further select “Open Opportunities.” Select the opportunity for which you wish to apply, and follow the instructions. You will be able to upload your CV in WORD format on this site. Other documentation is not required at this time. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
: SERASI Program Officer
Department : Program
Supervisor : Program \Manager/Field Manager
Location : Palu
General Description of Role:
The Program Officer will responsible for developing more collaborative and transparent relationships among NGOs, academic institutions, private sectors and the Government. Ensuring there is an adequate and appropriate process to meet all procedure and guidelines. Areas of responsibility include assistance to peace processes, increased peace building capacity, security sector related issues and crisis rapid response capacities.
1. Undertake all substantive development of proposals to get them to the grant signature stage;
2. Ensure proposal and institutional compliance in the program development process;
3. Ensure there is internal consistency in the proposals with program and financial elements;
4. Work closely with the procurement section to ensure that potential procurement actions in the proposal are feasible;
5. Produce all reporting as required by the Program Manager/Field Manager;
6. Gather procurement data in a PBMS friendly format including by sex desegregations to give to for uploading;
7. Contribute to the contents of the Grants manual and the formulation of grants guidelines as needed;
8. Act as a regular member of the Grants Selection Committee;
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Manager/Field Manager.
Minimum diploma degree in relevant field (relevant experience may substitute the relevant degree). Minimum 3 years working experiences in a similar position in an NGO or an international organization and in community development, work with community based management.
1. Fluency or near fluency in English, both written and spoken, and to be effective communicator, dynamic and creative
2. Able to communicate fluently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills and able to manage community and working in a multi-cultural workplace.
4. Able to write program plans, budget and proposals for all future projects of the program
5. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
Must have a willingness to travel to SERASI field offices for business purposes. Must also have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must b
No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IRD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.