The International Federation Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies (Federation) is lookingfor a candidate to be based in for the post of Security Officer.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- On a daily basis keep the security Delegate / Coordinator updated on security relevant issues. Including analysis of Indonesian newspapers, both National and local.
- To assist the Security Delegate / Coordinator to investigate and document all related security incidents.
- To help all Federation units and PNS units in needs of Security assistance.
- Perform interpreter tasks for the Security Delegate / Coordinator, when needed.
- To provide suitable coverage for the Security Office in Banda Aceh, during the absence of the Security Delegate / Coordinator.
- Provide and document a suitable Security briefing for all new IFRC, PNS staff and visitors arriving at the Banda Aceh compound.
- Assist in developing the and culture within the IFRC and PNS.
- Travel to other locations as directed by the Security Delegate / Coordinator.
- Provide and document security assessments of locations as directed.
- Take and decide necessary action after consulting, or under supervision of Security Delegate / Coordinator
- Monitor radio room staff in relation to recording and reporting staff movements.
- Other tasks as may be directed by the Security Delegate / Coordinator.
- To assist in risk trend analysis and compilation of Security related statistics.
Qualification, Experiences and competencies:
- Good experience in managing people
- Have an ability in problems solver
- Have a Red Cross Red Crescent experience is preferable
- Have experience in related field for minimum 2 years
- Have experience in negotiation and conflict resolution
- Good computer knowledge (word, excel)
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Familiar with radio communication tools (VHF, HF system)
- Good health condition
- Coordination and networking skills
- Self motivation and pro-activity
- Commitment to the and red crescent movement; integrity & personal conduct
Please submit your application, curriculum vitae, supporting documents and salary expectation at the latest on 13 April 2009 to IFRC HR Unit:
Email: ache.loker@ifrc. .orgor to:
Jalan Ajun Jeumpiet No. 18B, Desa Ajun Jeumpiet, Kec. Darul Imarah, Aceh Besar 23353
Please write the position and based as email subject or write it at the left corner of envelope.