We are an international non-profit organization that serves Christians in places where religious freedom is curtailed. We deliver practical and sustainable relief in cases of emergency, and hold trainings throughout the country for conflict-prevention and peace-building purposes. Since the organization and overall work are based on Christian principles, we only look for Christian candidates.
Employment status: full time
Location: , with frequent trips to project areas
1. To gather and write news, articles, features, and other materials for international publications, through interviews from the field, reports, and other secondary materials.
2. To take and select photos to be fed to the South East Asia (SEA) regional office.
3. To write news releases, prayer/letter campaigns and other materials for international readership.
4. To assist in enhancing the capability of and in guiding local stringers and/or local correspondents as they gather stories and other reports.
5. To assist in other projects, such as production and/or translation of books or video documentation.
6. To assist in writing, consolidating, editing and packaging technical reports, project proposals, and other reports as may be requested by the Country Director.
7. To come up with regular research outputs that will aid the Country Director in the annual and strategic planning for . These research outputs will include: updated country profile, monitoring of significant events/developments in the country, scenario forecasting and/or trends analysis, and other research questions as may be identified by the Country Director.
8. To update, or maintain, a database of articles and other relevant secondary materials on Indonesia.
9. To conduct needs-assessment and evaluation of programs and projects.
10. To assist Country Director in accomplishing the annual World Watch List survey questionnaire for Indonesia.
11. To serve requests for verification, queries and other communication from the international headquarter.
12. To hold regular gatherings for local journalists, with the chief goal of raising their awareness on religious freedom issues.
13. To perform other tasks as may be asked by the Country Director.
1. A committed Christian who would deem the work as his/her personal ministry to the Lord.
2. University degree in Journalism, Communication, English Literature, or other social sciences. We welcome fresh graduates.
3. High proficiency in English writing, since most of the publications and reports will be done in English.
4. Computer skills, including internet navigation and other office applications (Word, Excel, and Power Point).
5. Analytical, communication, interview, coordination, and administrative skills.
6. Preferably single, female, aged between 21 to 30 years old.
7. Preferably a resident of Jakarta and its surroundings.
Benefits and fringes:
Monthly salary, annual bonus, coverage of medical expenses, life insurance, and self-development trainings.
Documents to submit (all in English):
1. Latest CV and photo.
3. A write-up sample on any topics, also in English. Writing samples are EXTREMELY CRUCIAL in our selection process.
Address of submission:
By e-mail to vernasiak@kunukan. net
By post to SALT Indonesia, Plaza Bisnis Kemang Gedung 2 lt. 1, Jl. Kemang Raya no. 2, Jakarta Selatan 12730
Deadline: 30 April 2009