Indonesia is a humanitarian organization from USA, working with local partners to serve the most vulnerable.
We are inviting interested persons to submit application for the following position:
NICHE 2 - PROJECT MANAGER
The purpose of this post is to lead a field team implementing the Child Survival Project, under the NICHE 2 Program, which aims to reduce morbidity & mortality among children under five and women of reproductive age in 5 sub-districts of Nias in accordance with World Relief's policy and strategy in Indonesia.
· Assist in developing the project at field and village level in conjunction with project team, consulting with the Country Director and the NICHE Program Adviser.
· Monitor the humanitarian situation in the designated geographical area, making recommendations to the Country Director regarding potential needs and appropriate responses as required.
· Responsible for the management of local personnel, financial and material resources of the Child Survival Project (CSP) to meet program objectives.
· Working with the field staff, develop weekly, monthly and quarterly workplans in accordance with the project DIP, and submit this to the Niche PA.
· Submit monthly progress and monitoring reports to the Niche PA and the Country Director based on the approved report format.
· Lead and manage the local team including responsibility for their physical, mental and spiritual welfare, and ensuring that they are developed further towards their potential.
· Monitor the security situation in the designated geographical area of assignment, taking all necessary actions to maintain the safety of the field team.
· Act as World Relief's field representative in liaison with government agencies, UN agencies, donor bodies, other NGOs, community officials and World Relief partner organizations in the designated project area.
· Manage delegated program budget(s) and ensure timely submission of financial accounts for all program expenditure to the country office.
· Ensure robust administrative systems for accountability are in place and an adequate logistics supply is maintained for the team and the project.
· In consultation with the Niche PA and the HR Officer, ensure that opportunities for staff training are provided where appropriate for the individual in relation to his/her role in the project.
· Relevant knowledge and qualifications up to degree level
· At least 3 years experience in the same position with community development in an NGO environment, preferably in maternal and child health, community health education, or similar projects
· Proven knowledge of MCH/child survival issues, community development strategies and issues
· Have disposition to live in Nias during the project life
· Project and financial management skills
· Personnel management skills
· Effective organizer of people
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong cross-cultural skills
· Ability to speak Nias language will be an advantage.
· Experience working with USAID, UN and other donor organizations.
The positions in World Relief are competitively salaried with a medical scheme and annual leave. World Relief is committed to the sector standards and good practice. Applicants must show that they have the necessary skills and experience relevant to the advertised vacancy and have values and convictions that are aligned with World Relief's values and mission (visit www.wr.org <https://owa. wr.org/exchweb/ bin/redir. asp?URL=http: //www.wr. org/> ).
In order to apply for the above post, please submit your application including expected salary to hrindonesia@ wr.org before June 6, 2009
Please indicate "Niche 2 - Project Manager" on the Subject Line.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.