International Relief and Development, Inc. (IRD), is a non-profit organization specializing in international development and humanitarian assistance in over 20 countries. IRD works with a wide range of partners to design and implement, and provide technical assistance in the areas of health, economic development, relief, infrastructure, civil society and food security.
IRD Indonesia is inviting dynamic, committed, experienced and highly motivated candidates to join our team for the following position:
Position Title: Program Assistant
Supervisor: Provincial Coordinator
Line Manages: N/A
Decentralized Basic Education: Youth Life Skills [DBE3] is a five years program that seeks to improve the basic education received by students in junior high school so that it directly relates to the skills needed upon entering the workforce; and assist youth who have dropped out of school before receiving their junior high school certificate to build the skills needed to better participate in the community and workforce. It is one component part of the wider USAID funded Improving the Quality of Basic Decentralized Education Program [IQDBE]
Assist Education Officer and District Officers to support and monitor the implementation of the Decentralized Basic Education Objective 3 (DBE3) project in Central Java. Support good communication between partners and DBE3 provincial management; ensure district partner implementation of the work-plan.
Project Development and Implementation
1. As required, support project data collection and analysis
2. Participate in project design, development, and work-planning activities as needed.
3. As required, make field visits to monitor the progress and quality of district-level activities.
4. Support Education Officer and District Officer to provide logistical support for training, workshops, meetings, and field visits.
5. Support Education Officer and District Officers in organizing such trainings, workshops, meetings, field visits; and facilitate it as needed in collaboration with other project staffs and or consultants.
6. Support Education Officer and District Officers in the development of public-private alliances at the provincial level and district levels.
7. Prepare and submit reports of project activities (training, workshop, meeting, field visit, monitoring) to the Provincial Coordinator
Sub-grant/subcontra ct supervision
Participate in pre-award assessments/ compliance reviews of potential partners as requested.
1. Participate in pre-award assessment/complian ce reviews of potential partners as requested
2. Participate in selection of potential partners as requested
3. Support Education Officer and District Officers to monitor district sub-grantee activities.
Representation and Coordination
1. Work/coordinate closely with DBE1 and DBE2 staff and programs
2. Identify and coordinate with other provincial/district stakeholders as required.
Occasional Significant Duties
1. Support periodic visit by technical support staff and evaluation activities.
· Minimum diploma degree in Education, social science, management or a related field
· Minimum of two years experience in an equivalent position
· Ability to develop good relationships with stakeholders and colleagues—able to work well with others
· Good organization and time management skills
· Some prior knowledge of education and youth issues
· Able to work with limited supervision
· Communication (written/oral) /interpersonal skills
· Microsoft Office packages
· Some English (preferred)
Interested applicants should submit their letter of interest, comprehensive CV, salary history, 3 references letter and contact details by e-mail to:If you meet the minimum requirements and are interested in applying, you should submit your comprehensive CV electronically, including salary history and 3 references. Therefore, please visit www.ird.or.id and select “Careers/Employment”. Then further select “Register Your CV” and follow the instructions. You will be able to upload your CV in word format on this site. Other documentation is not required at this time. Closing date for applications is: June 26, 2007. We regret to announce that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.