OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
IOM Indonesia is looking for Operations Assistant I according to the terms of reference below. Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to hrjakarta@iom. int not later than 16 June 2009 indicating the reference code below as subject. All candidates are requested to specify their availability date in the application form. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference No : SVN/ID10/2009/ 050
Position Title : Operations Assistant I
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade 4
Duty Station : Tanjung Pinang - Indonesia
Type&duration of contract : Special All Inclusive, 3 months with possibility of extension
General Functions :
Under direct supervision of the Office in charge Tanjung Pinang, in close coordination with Operations Assistant II in Tanjung Pinang and the overall supervision of the National Operations Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for oversight, coordination and implementation of all relevant project activities. In most instances, it is expected these activities will fall under the Service Areas of Care, Maintenance, and Assisted Voluntary Return for irregular migrants (IMs). In particular, he/she will:
1. Responsible for the care and maintenance of IMs under IOM auspices in his/her area of responsibility and in strict compliance of the agreed IOM Operational Guidelines.
2. Monitor Irregular Migrants activities and ensure that all basic services are provided to all Irregular Migrants (IMs) under IOM auspices in a timely and efficient manner. Basic services to be accommodation facilities, basic personal supplies and toiletries, security and medical assistance, including psycho-social counselling.
3. Be as a Farsi translator for the program.
4. Visit Irregular Migrants regularly and under take activities as indicated in the visit activity / work plan prepared in coordination with supervisor.
5. Provide venue either in IOM office or the hotel to discuss any issue raised in relation to the provision of basic services and other concerns deemed significant by Irregular Migrants.
6. Provide counselling to Irregular Migrants on their option to continued stay in Indonesia or Voluntary return to country of origin.
7. Prepare and submit reports of visit conducted to the Office in Charge, copy furnished to National Operations Officer.
8. Coordinate with the Medical and Mental Health teams to ensure that all Irregular Migrants are provided adequate and appropriate medical services, including psychosocial counselling.
9. Distribute basic supplies to IM's on agreed schedule.
10. Ensure that all IM's are provided proper identification cards.
11. Identify hotels/accommodatio n that can provide sufficient services at reasonable.
12. Coordinate with Hotel owners and relevant hotel staffs to ensure that accommodation for Irregular Migrants are within the agreed standard.
13. Mediate between Irregular Migrants and hotel owners in cases of dispute and ensure that issues are properly settled.
14. Review and ensure that payments for hotels, other service providers and local authorities are correct and necessary.
15. Coordinate with local authorities on Irregular Migrants activities in area of responsibility.
16. Coordinate with Operations Assistant II and the Office in Charge to arrange the transportation for IM's movement.
17. Escort IM's on the movement as required and ensure that specific duties as escort are carried out efficiently and effectively. Close coordination with operations officer is necessary for this task.
18. Ensure that all relevant staff is informed of any change in IM's status.
19. Coordinate with Operations Assistant II for handling resettlement and voluntary repatriation on IM movement to ensure accurate and updated IM statistics.
20. Undertake other duties that may be assigned from time to time which are commensurate to the position.
Diploma in Farsi Language, management, Economics, Political, social science, or business and counselling. A university degree in any of these fields will be highly regarded. At least one to three years of experience in any of these fields, particularly as a Farsi Translator and in dealing with migrants and trainings.
Effective organizational skill and ability to establish priorities and plans, ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines. Proficient in computer applications.
Good written and spoken communications skills, good interpersonal skills, high loyalty, ability to work in a multi - cultural environment and good working in team.
Fluency in Farsi and English both oral and written.
For more information please visit our website at: